2014年12月英语四级(第3套)听力真题 长对话(2)
日期:2015-11-17 11:40

(单词翻译:单击)

Conversation Two
对话二

W: Good morning, Mr. Johnson. I'm Diana Huston.
女:早上好,Johnson先生。我是Diana Huston。
M: Good morning. What can I do for you?
男:早上好。有什么需要我帮你的?
W: I'm a college student. I'm taking a business course which needs three weeks' work experience.
女:我是一名大学生。我正在上一面商务课,这个课程需要三周的工作经验。
My lecturer, Mr. Armstrong, suggested I contact you as you've allowed students before to practice in your company.
我的导师Armstrong先生,他建议我联系您,因为您曾经允许学生在您公司里实习。
I've brought a letter of reference from Mr. Armstrong for you.
我带来了Armstrong先生的推荐信。
M: Thanks. Yes, our company has a good relationship with the university.
男:谢谢。是的,我们公司跟贵校有良好的合作关系。
We've had many students here over the past years.
在过去的这些年里,我们这里接收过很多学生。
We usually take students who are in the second half of their courses. What about you?
我们通常接收那些在学习下半学年课程的学生。你是几年级的?
W: I'm almost at the halfway mark.
女:我几乎已经算学了一半了。
I've got some exams in two weeks.
在接下来两周我有考试。
Then I'll be ready to start before the beginning of the second semester.
然后第二学期开学前我就能准备好来实践。
But I thought I'd get this organized before the exams start.
但我觉得我最好还是在考试前都安排好。
M: That's a very responsible way of thinking.
男:你的想法很有责任心。
It's a good idea to get in early.
早点定下录取的事,这个想法很好。
I'm sure there will be many students soon.
我相信很快就会有许多学生来的。
W: I could start in three weeks if you like.
女:如果您需要的话,三周以后我就可以开始。
M: Do you understand what's involved in the practice?
男:你知道这个实践要做什么吗?
W: I think so. Mr. Armstrong explained the procedures to us.
女:我想是知道的。Armstrong先生跟我们解释过。
I have to work regular hours, and write a comprehensive report on what I've learnt as an assignment for Mr. Armstrong and the personnel department of the company as well.
我会有固定的工作时间。此外,我会写一份报告,详述我在此所学到的东西,作为作业提交给Armstrong先生和贵公司人事部。
And you will send a report about my work to Mr. Armstrong and that will also be part of my assessment.
对我的工作表现,您会报告给Armstrong先生,这也将是对我评估的一部分。
M: That's right. But I'll have to discuss this application with the personnel department.
男:就是这样。不过我还要跟人事部门讨论下是否录用你。
And I will let you know as soon as possible if you've been accepted.
如果你被录用了,我会尽快告诉你的。
W: Yes, please. If I'm not accepted, I'll have to apply somewhere else.
女:好的,那就拜托您了。如果没被录用的话,我还得申请其他地方。

Questions 12 to 15 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
根据你刚才听到的对话,回答12至15题。
Question 12.What's the woman's main purpose of the visit?
问题12.这位女士拜访的主要目的是什么?
Question 13.Which kind of students will the company usually accept?
问题13.公司通常会接受什么类型的学生?
Question 14.What would the man do for the woman's practice if she were accepted?
问题14.如果这位女士被录用了,男士会做什么?
Question 15.When will the woman's practice begin?
问题15.女士的时间会从什么时候开始?

分享到
重点单词
  • applicationn. 应用; 申请; 专心 n. 应用软件程序
  • comprehensiveadj. 综合的,广泛的,理解的
  • lecturern. 演讲者,讲师
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • personneln. 职员,人事部门
  • organizedv. 组织
  • referencen. 参考,出处,参照 n. 推荐人,推荐函 vt. 提
  • assignmentn. 分配,功课,任务,被指定的(课外)作业;(分派的)
  • assessmentn. 估价,评估