(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation One
对话一
Hello, Prof. Johnson.
你好,约翰逊教授。
Hello, Tony. So what shall we work on today?
你好,汤尼。今天我们要解决什么问题呢?
Well, the problem is that this writing assignment isn't coming out right. What I thought I was writing on was to talk about what a particular sport means to me when I participate in.
我的问题是我的作文似乎文不达意,我想写的是关于当我参与一种特定的运动时,这项运动对我的意义。
What sport did you choose?
你选的是什么运动?
I decided to write about crosscountry skiing.
我决定写越野滑雪。
What are you going to say about skiing?
关于越野滑雪你要说什么呢?
That's the problem. I thought I would write about how peaceful it is to be out in the country.
这就是问题所在。我想我会写郊外是多么的宁静。
So why is that a problem?
这为什么有问题呢?
As I start describing how quiet it is to be out in the woods, I keep mentioning how much effort it takes to keep going.
当我开始描述树林里面是怎样的安静时,我会不断的提及我是怎样努力坚持的。
Crosscountry skiing isn't as easy as some people think. It takes a lot of energy, but that's not part of my paper. So I guess I should leave it out.
越野滑雪不像有些人想的那么容易,它要花费很多精力,但这不是我论文的重点,所以我放弃这点。
But now I don't know how to explain that feeling of peacefulness without explaining how hard you have to work for it. It all fits together.
但是不写我如何努力的学习就不能解释它给我带来的平静。这些是相联系的。
It's not like just sitting down somewhere and watching the clouds roll by. That's different.
它不像坐在任何地方看着天上白云翻滚,这是不同的。
Then you'll have to include that in your point. The peacefulness of crosscountry skiing is the kind you earn by effort. Why leave that out? Part of your point you knew beforehand but part you discovered as you wrote. That's common, right?
那你就把它写到你的论点里。越野滑雪带来的宁静感是你通过努力获得的。为什么不写?有一部分观点是你提前想好的,另一部分是你在写作中发现的,这很正常,不是吗?
Yeah, I guess so.
是的,我想的是这样。
Questions 19 to 21 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
基于对话你听到的内容,回答19至21题。
Question 19. What is the topic of the man's writing assignment?
问题19. 男士写作的主题是什么?
Question 20. What problem does the man have while working on his paper?
问题20. 他在写论文时遇到了什么问题?
Question 21. What does the woman say is common in writing papers?
问题21. 女人说在写论文时,什么是普遍现象?