2010年12月英语四级真题听力 第4期 长对话(2)
日期:2014-11-23 12:04

(单词翻译:单击)

Conversation Two
对话二
Good morning, I'm calling about the job that was in the paper last night.
早上好,我来询问昨晚在纸上看到的招聘信息。
Well, could you tell me your name?
好的,你能告诉一下你的名字吗?
Candider Forsett.
福赛特·坎底得。
Oh yes. What exactly is it that interests you about the job?
好的,你为什么对这个工作感兴趣?
Well, I thought it was just right for me.
我想它很适合我。
Really? Hmm...could you tell me a little about yourself?
真的吗?你能告诉我一些关于你自己的事吗?
Yes. I'm 23. I've been working abroad.
好的。我23岁,一直在国外工作。
Where exactly have you been working?
你工作的确切地点在哪里?
In Geneva.
在日内瓦。
Oh, Geneva. And what were you doing there?
在日内瓦做什么工作呢?
Secretarial work. Previous to that, I was at university.
秘书工作,在此之前,我一直在读大学。
Which university was that?
哪所大学?
The University of Manchester. I've got a degree in English.
英国曼彻斯特大学。我有英文学位。
You said you've been working in Geneva. Do you have any special reason for wanting to come back?
你说你已经在日内瓦工作了。你现在有什么特殊情况要回来吗?
I thought it would be nice to be near to the family.
我想离家近点。
I see, and how do you see yourself developing in this job?
我明白了,你怎么看自己在这个职位的发展?
Well, I'm ambitious. I do hope that my career as a secretary will lead me eventually into management.
我雄心勃勃。我希望我做秘书的职业生涯最终能进入管理阶层。
I see. You have foreign languages?
明白了,你会外语吗?
French and Italian.
法语和意大利语。
Well, I think the best thing for you to do is to reply in writing to the advertisement.
好的,我想你最好做一个书面申请。
Can't I arrange for an interview now?
不能现在安排面试吗?
Well, I'm afraid we must wait until all the applications are in, in writing, and we'll then decide on the short list. If you are on the short list, of course we should see you.
恐怕不行,我们必须等到所有的书面申请资料审核完成后再决定出最后的名单。如果你在那份名单里,我们就可以面谈了。
Oh, I see.
我明白了。
I look forward to receiving your application in writing in a day or two.
我期待在这一两天里收到你的申请。
Oh, yes, yes, certainly.
好的,当然。
OK, thank you very much. Goodbye.
好的,非常感谢。
Thank you. Goodbye.
谢谢,再见。
Questions 22 to 25 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
基于你听到的对话,回答22至25题。
Question 22. How did the woman get to know about the job vacancy?
问题22. 这位女士怎样知道职位空缺的信息?
Question 23. Why did the woman find the job appealing?
问题23. 为什么女士觉得这份工作有吸引力?
Question 24. What had the woman been doing in Geneva?
问题24. 这位女士在日内瓦做什么?
Question 25. What was the woman asked to do in the end?
问题25. 这位女士最后被要求做什么?

分享到
重点单词
  • interviewn. 接见,会见,面试,面谈 vt. 接见,采访,对 .
  • previousadj. 在 ... 之前,先,前,以前的
  • applicationn. 应用; 申请; 专心 n. 应用软件程序
  • appealingadj. 引起兴趣的,动人的
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后
  • ambitiousadj. 有雄心的,有抱负的,野心勃勃的
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • arrangevt. 安排,整理,计划,改编(乐曲) vi. 协商,计