(单词翻译:单击)
一、better
1、’d better 最好是
I’d better read one of the articles for the class.
我最好还是为上课读篇文章准备一下。
I think you’d better find another partner.
我想你最好还是另找一个搭档吧。
2、make it better 让……更好
I’d rewrite the last two paragraphs to make it better. 我已经重写了最后两段以使它更好。
3、be better 更好些
I told you it would be better for you if you took fewer courses during the first semester.
我告诉过你如果你在第一个学期少选一些课程会比较好一些。
二、bill
1、账单,买单。
I will pay the bill this time because last time you did it.
这次我来买单,因为上次是你。
2、提案。
We all passed the bill on yesterday’s board meeting.
在昨天的董事会上我们全票通过该提案。
3、纸币。
Here’s a 10-dollar bill. Give me two tickets for tonight’s show please.
这是一张10美元的纸币,请给我两张今晚演出的票,谢谢。
一、book
1、书。本意,简单名词。
2、预定,订购。 be booked up 被预定空了;booking office 售票处
All the morning flights have been booked up. 所有明早的飞机票都预定光了。
二、briefing
1、简介。会议之前,总要有一个项目叫做Give a briefing.
Mrs. Lung’s briefing seems to go on forever.Lung女士的简报似乎没完没了。
2、news / press briefing 新闻发布会
三、change
1、改变,更改。这是该词的基本意思,看两个例子回顾一下。
I’d love to see a different type of movie for a change.
我想换换口味,看场不同类型的电影。
I’ll have to get my ticket changed.
我必须得更改我的票。
2、零钱。这是在口语中经常使用的意思。
Two tickets and here’s a dollar forty cents change.
这是两张票以及一美元四十美分的找零。
Jane, do you have some change? I have to make a call on the payphone.
Jane,你有零钱吗?我想在公用电话亭打个电话。