(单词翻译:单击)
so-so 一般般
"How are you doing?"最近怎么样?
"Just so-so."一般般。
chit-chat=small talk or unimportant conversation 闲聊
He asked us to stop our chit-chat and get on with our work.
他让我们停止闲聊,继续工作。
knick-knack 小饰物,小玩意儿
She’s got a lot of knick-knacks – I’m always afraid I’m going to break one.
她有这么多的小玩意儿,我真担心不小心打坏哪个。
ship-shape = everything in its right place 整齐的,井然有序的
I want to leave the place ship-shape when we go on holiday.
我希望度假期间这里能保持整齐。
flip-flops = rubber sandals with a thong that goes between your big and second toe 人字拖
I lived in my flip-flops when I was staying on the beach.
在海滩上我整天穿人字拖。
zig-zag = diagonally 对角地,呈Z字形
He lost control of the car and it zig-zagged across the road.
车子失去了控制,开到了路的斜对面。
ding-dong = an argument 争吵
They’ve had a bit of a ding-dong and they’re not talking to each other at the moment.
他们之间发生了小争执,这会儿谁也不跟谁说话了。
see-saw 跷跷板,比喻像跷跷板一样上下起伏。
The English pound has see-sawed against the American dollar for the last two weeks.
在过去的两周里英镑和美元像玩跷跷板一样一上一下,起伏不定。