Light travels faster than sound. 光比声传播速度快。（说明事实）
The film is rather boring. 这部电影很乏味。（说明看法）
a. 一般疑问句（General Questions）：
Can you finish the work in time? 你能按时完成工作吗？
Where do you live? 你住那儿？
c. 选择疑问句（Alternative Questions）：
Do you want tea or coffee? 你是要茶还是要咖啡？
He doesn't know her, does he? 他不认识她，对不对？
Don't be nervous! 别紧张！
What good news it is! 多好的消息啊！
She is fond of collecting stamps. 她喜欢集邮。
The food was good, but he had little appetite. 食物很精美，但他却没什么胃口。
The film had begun when we got to the cinema. 我们到达电影院的时候，电影已经开演了。
1）主 + 动（SV）例如：I work. 我工作。
2）主 + 动 + 表（SVP）例如：John is busy. 约翰忙。
3）主 + 动 + 宾（SVO）例如：She studies English. 她学英语。
4）主 + 动 + 宾 + 补（SVOC）例如：Time would prove me right. 时间会证明我是对的。
5）主 + 动 + 间宾 + 直宾（SVOiOd）例如：My mother made me a new dress. 我母亲给我做了一件新衣裳。
常用的连词有and, but, or not only...but also, neither...nor, either...or
1. 联合并列句常由并列词and, not only…but also…..等连接
如: Use your hand, and you’ll find a way.
2. 转折并列句常由并列连词but, while, yet, whereas, nevertheless等连接
如:I would love to have gone to the
party last night but I had to work extra hours to finish a report.
3. 选择疑问句常由并列连词or, otherwise, either…or…,等连接
如:Either you leave this house or I’ll call the police
4. 因果并列句由并列连词so, for, therefore 等连接.
如: it was late, so we went home.
5. 在”祈使句+and/or+陈述句”结构中,当前后两部分间为承接关系时,用and;前后意思为相反关系时,用or.可将前面的祈使句转换成由if引导的条件状语从句,但必须将and 或or 去掉.
如: Hurry up, and we’ll be there in time.= If we hurry up, we’ll be there in time.
6. because和so; although, though和but 不能连用
1. I don’t suppose anyone will volunteer,＿＿＿?
A. do I B. don’t I C. will they D. won’t they
2. ＿＿＿help if you can, and our country will improve more quickly and better.
A. Giving B. Give C. Given D. To give
3.—— Lucy, you wash the dishes,＿＿＿ ?
—— Mom, can’t Lily do it? It’s her turn to do it.
A. don’t you B. can you C. shall you D. will you
4. —— I will not take an umbrella with me today.
— ＿＿＿＿＿it rains later on in the day?
A. How B. What C. How about D. What if
5. —— You ought to stay up late tonight,＿＿＿＿ you?
—— Yes. I’ve got too much homework.
A. can’t B. shouldn’t C. mustn’t D. won’t
6. Nothing can stop us from serving the people heart and soul,＿＿＿＿?
A. can it B. can’t it C. can they D. can’t they
7. There used to be a church in the small town,＿＿＿＿＿?
A. used there B. usedn’t there
C. used it D. usedn’t it
8.—— She isn’t your neighbour, is she?
A. Yes, she isn’t B. No, she is
C. Yes, she is D. No, isn’t she
9.—— ＿＿＿＿＿＿ to be a PLA soldier when I was young.
—— And now you are.
A. How I wanted B. How did I want
C. What I wanted D. What did I want
10. Recently I bought an ancient Chinese vase,＿＿＿＿was very reasonable.
A. which price B. the price of which
C. its price D. the price of that
11. After ten years, she changed a lot and looked different from＿＿＿she used to be.
A. that B. whom C. what D. who
12. ＿＿＿＿is known to everyone, the moon travels round the earth once every month.
A. It B. As C. That D. What
13. He’s got himself into a dangerous situation＿＿＿he is likely to lose control over the plane.
A. where B. which C. while D. why
14. Information has been put forward＿＿＿more middle school graduates will be admitted into universities.
A. while B. that C. when D. as
15. What the doctors really doubt is＿＿＿＿my mother will recover from the serious disease soon.
A. when B. how C. whether D. what
16. The students of the music school study ＿＿＿＿.
A. music but also some other subjects
B. some other subjects as well as music
C. music as well as some other subjects
D. some other subjects and music
17. ＿＿＿air is to man, so is water to fish.
A. Since B. Just C. Like D. As
18. There is plenty of rain in the south ＿＿ there is little in the north.
A. while B. as C. when D. so
19. ＿＿＿several times about it, but he could not give the correct answer.
A. Being asked B. Having been asked
C. He would ask D. He had been asked
20. —— I don’t like chicken ＿＿＿ fish.
—— I don’t like chicken,＿＿＿I like fish very much.
A. and； and B. and； but C. or； but D. or； and
21. ＿＿＿the days went on, the situation there got worse.
A. With B. Since C. While D. As
22. ＿＿＿everybody is here, let’s set out right away.
A. Now that B. Because C. For D. After
23. The science of medicine,＿＿＿progress has been very rapid lately, is perhaps the most important of all the sciences.
A. to which B. in which C. which D. with which
24. We must do the experiment carefully ＿＿＿Miss Liu told us.
A. what B. since C. as D. while
25. Tony will never forget these days ＿＿＿she lived in China with her mother,＿＿＿has a great effect on her life.
A. that； which B. when； which
C. which； that D. when； that
26. ＿＿＿I know, they will go to Beijing to watch the Olympic Games in 2008.
A. Since B. So far as C. In case D. As if
27. Who do you think the doctor will have＿＿＿first, John or Kate?
A. examine B. to examine
C. examining D. examined
28. —— What are you anxious about?
A. Whether we can succeed B. If we succeed
C. Do we succeed D. That we can succeed
29. You should put the dictionary ＿＿＿you can find it easily.
A. where B. the place
C. the place on which D. what
30. She said to me, “I’ll tell you the result of the test＿＿＿I know it. ”
A. because B. the moment C. after D. though
31. Grandpa used to tell us something about the “Cultural Revolution” ＿＿＿he had time to spare.
A. as soon as B. as C. so that D. whenever
32. Li Fang is very busy,＿＿＿she’s always helping others with their lessons.
A. but B. although C. so D. for
33. Getting a right job can be difficult ＿＿＿the students＿＿＿ prepared to deal with the job interview.
A. if；won’t B. unless；will
C. unless；are D. if；are
34. Everything depends on＿＿they will support you about it.
A. if B. which C. whether D. that
35. She won the first prize in the speech contest and＿＿＿ surprised us.
A. which B. it C. as D. who
36. The Oscar is one of the film prizes ＿＿offered to any Chinese actor or actress so far.
A. which is not B. that have not been
C. that has not D. that has not been
37. He made another wonderful discovery,＿＿＿ of great importance to science.
A. which I think is B. which I think it is
C. which I think it D. I think is
38. It’s really very dangerous. One more step,＿＿＿the baby will fall into the well.
A. or B. so C. but D. and
39. She is American,＿＿＿ she knows little about American history.
A. so B. yet C. and D. therefore
40. Information technology is taught in most schools,＿＿＿we have entered the information society.
A. so B. while C. still D. for
41.—— Helen must obey her parents.
—— Oh, she must,＿＿ ?
A. must she B. mustn’t she
C. shouldn’t she D. should she
42. John must be in the chemistry lab,＿＿＿ ?
A. mustn’t he B. needn’t he
C. isn’t he D. shouldn’t he
43. It was quite a long time＿＿＿ I made it out what had happened.
A. after B. before C. when D. since
44. ＿＿the text a second time, the meaning will become clearer to you.
A. Read B. Reading
C. If reading D. When you read
45. ＿＿＿does he do his work well,＿＿＿ he helps others with their work.
A. Not only；but also B. Neither；nor
C. Either；or D. Both；and
46. ＿＿,so he didn’t come to school last week.
A. Though he was ill B. Being ill
C. Having been ill D. He was ill
47. She tried every way ＿＿＿ she could find to solve the problem.
A. how B. in which C. that D. which
48. Lily has some idea ＿＿＿ she’s going to be when she grows up.
A. what B. that C. as D. which
49. To play fair is as important as ＿＿＿＿,I think.
A. to play well B. play well
C. we play well D. playing well
50. ＿＿＿you go, you should bear the motherland in mind.
A. Where B. Whenever
C. However D. Wherever
1-10 CBDDBABCAB 11-20 CBABCBDADC 21-30 DABCBBDAAB
31-40 DACCBBADBD 41-50 ACBDADCAAD