按“主语+ 谓语” 这种顺序排列的句子是陈述语序。如果排列顺序变为“谓语（ 或谓语一部分）+主语”，就是倒装。倒装句分为：
1. 当以there, here, out , in , up , down, away 等副词开头的句子，为了起到强调的作用，可构成倒装句，只把副词放在句首，主语和谓语位置调换，不加助动词。
Our teacher came in.
In came our teacher.
Here it is.
Away he went.
Here comes the bus.
Out rushed the boys.
2. how, then, just, often 表示时间的副词放在句首，可构成倒装句，只把副词放在句首，主语和谓语位置调换，不加助动词。
Then came 8 years of the Anti Japanese War.
Under a big tree ________, half asleep.
A. did sat a fat man B. a fat man sat
C. did a fat man sat D. sat a fat man
在“there + be”结构中的谓语动词有时不用be , 而用表示类似“存在”观念的其他不及物动词。如：live, stand, come, lie, flow, enter, rise 和appear等。
There came shouts for help from the river.
There lies a large wheat field in front of the house.
Many years ago there lived an old man in the wooden house.
In front of the tower flews a stream.
5. so + 动词+主语
neither/ nor + 动词+主语
否则要用so it is with…
You can ride a bike. So can I .
He has been to Beijing. So have I .
The first one isn’t good, neither is the second.
His uncle is a worker and has been working in the factory for more than ten years. So it is with his aunt.
6. so+ 形容词/副词that 的结构状语从句可以用正常语序表示，也可以把so+形容词/副词放于句首构成倒装。句型如下： so +形容词/副词+be/助动词/情态动词that +从句。
Light travels so fast that it is difficult for us to imagine its speed.
= So fast does light travel that it is difficult for us to imagine its speed.
So easy was the work that they finished it in a few days.
Gone forever are the days when the Chinese people had to use foreign oil.
8. 否定副词not , never, seldom, nowhere, little , rarely 放于句首时要用倒装句式。
We seldom get up at four in the morning.
= Seldom do we get up at four in the morning.
Not a single word from him could the enemy drag.
Rarely have I heard of such a silly thing.
9. hardly…when; scarcely…when…; no sooner…than… 可以用正常语序 had hardly done when… did 或用倒装句式Hardly had + 主语+ done when… did 句式。hardly所在的句子用过去完成时。
The bell hardly had rung when the class began.= Hardly had the bell rung when the class began.
No sooner had he arrived in Beijing than he began to work.
10. not only… but also 如连接两个成分时，不用倒装；连接句子时， 前面的句子要用倒装。
Not only was everything that he had taken away from him, but also his German citizenship.
Not only is he busy, but also I have a lot of work to do.
Not only does he speak English very well, but also he speaks French well.
11. only 及所修饰的副词、介词短语或状语从句放在句首时，要用：
only+ 状语+ be /助动词/情态动词+主语及其他
Only when he told me the news did I know what had happened.
Only in this way can you make progress in your English.
If I were you, I would take the job. = Were I you, I would take the job.
1._______ and caught the mouse.
A. Up the cat jumped B. The cat up jumped
C. Up jumped the cat D. Jumped up the cat
2.______ and the lesson began.
A. In came Mr Brown B. Mr Brown in came
C. In came he D. came in Mr Brown
3. Over _______, dead.
A. rolling the goat B. rolled the goat
C. did the goat roll D. the goat rolled
4.—Where is my shirt, mum? —_________.
A. There is it B. There it is
C. There is D. Here is it
5. —Where is your father? —Oh, ________.
A. here he comes B. he here comes
C. here does he come D. here comes he
6. The door opened and there ________.
A. enters an old man
B. entered an old man
C. did an old man enter
D. an old man entered
7. Now ______ your turn to recite the text.
A. will come B. comes C. has come D. there is
8. Often _____ them not to smoke here.
A. we advised B. advised me
C. did we advise D. had we advised
9. ________ playing soldiers.
A. Inside the room were two boys
B. Inside the room two boys
C. Were two boys inside the room
D. Inside the room was two boys
10. On the wall _______ two large portraits.
A. are hanging B. hanged C. hang D. hangs
11. _______ who was wounded in the stomach.
A. Among them were a soldier B. Among them was a soldier
C. Among them a soldier was D. Among they was a soldier
12. Next door to ours ________ , who is no less than eighty.
A. that lives an old man B. does an old man live
C. lives an old man D. where lives an old man
13. She plays the piano very well, ______.
A. so every one of us does B. every one of us does
C. so does every one of us D. so do every one of us
14. You say he works hard, ______, and _____.
A. so he does; so you do B. so he does; so do you
C. so does he; so do you D. so does he; so you do
15. —I thought you women were present at the meeting. —__________.
A. So we were B. So we did C. So were we D. So did we
16. I don’t think Jack will come today, _____.
A. nor will Mary B. and Mary doesn’t
C. Mary will either D. or Mary does
17. She is fond of cooking, _____I.
A. so am B. nor am C. neither do D. nor do
18. Marx was born in Germany and German was his native language .
A. So it was with Engles B. So was it with Engles
C. So was Engles D. So did Engles
19. A fish needs water and without water it will die._______.
A. So does a man B. So will a man
C. So it is with a man D. So is it with a man
20. So absorbed _______ the work that she often forgot to _____ her meals.
A. had she been in; do B. she was in; make
C. was she in; take D. she had been in ; have
21. So loudly ______ that every one of the class could hear him.
A. did he speak B. did he spoke C. spoke he D. he spoke
22. __________ his appearance that no one could recognize him.
A. Strange so was B. So strange was
C. Was so strange D. So was strange
23. Not once ______ their plan.
A. did they change B. they changed
C. changed they D. they did change
24. Never ______ such a wonderful place as Hangzhou.
A. are seeing B. had I seen
C. I have seen D. have I seen
25. Seldom ______ TV during the day.
A. they watch B. are they watching
C. have they watched D. do they watch
26. Nowhere ______ as in my garden.
A. the flowers were so beautiful
B. were the flowers so beautiful
C. so beautiful were the flowers
D. so beautiful the flowers were
27. Hardly ________ his homework when he went out.
A. finished he B. he had finished
C. did he finish D. had he finished
28. Scarcely _____ finished their homework ______ I came into the classroom.
A. had they; than B. they had; when
C. had they; when D. did they; when
29. Not only _______ a promise, but also he kept it.
A. has he made B. does he make
C. he made D. did he make
30. Not until his comrades criticized him _______ to admit his mistake.
A. had he begun B. began he
C. did he begin D. does he begin
1—5 CABBA 6—10 BBBDA 11—15 BCCBA
16—20 BAACC 21—25 ABADD 26—30 BDCDC