(单词翻译:单击)
So three years ago, we sat down at the beginning of the pandemic.
因此,三年前,我们在疫情开始时坐下来讨论
Talk to me about these past three years how you persevered and how you look back at the covid years.
跟我谈谈过去的三年,你是如何坚持下来的,以及你如何回顾新冠疫情的这些年
Wow it's a big question.
哇,这是个大问题
There's a lot to digest and reflect on for restaurant operator Rob Turnbull.
对于餐厅经营者罗布·特恩布尔来说,有很多东西需要消化和反思
Especially looking back at when we first sat down in 2020.
特别是回顾我们在2020年第一次坐下来的时候
Turnbull oversees multiple businesses in the city of Guangzhou and has ample experience of what it took to keep them afloat.
特恩布尔在广州管理着多家企业,对于如何维持这些企业的运营有着丰富的经验
And for the entrepreneur who opened a new restaurant at the onset of the pandemic, the option of changing course was never in consideration.
对于在疫情开始时开了一家新餐厅的企业家来说,他从未考虑过改变航向的选择
I guess there were thoughts of, you know, giving up, right?
我想,你懂吗,我想过放弃,对吧?
But also in a way we were lucky because we raised our funding in 2019.
但在某种程度上,我们也很幸运,因为我们在2019年筹集了资金
And we'd already started construction in December of 2019.
我们在2019年12月已经开始了建设
And when there are lockdowns, we're just kind of sitting and waiting to see how it would go.
当实行封锁时,我们只是坐等,看情况会如何发展
We had the funding there.
反正我们有资金
And we had the plan, of course it slowed everything down.
我们有计划,当然一切都慢下来了
But the plan was already there so just stick with it and keep going forward.
但是计划已经在那里了,所以只要坚持下去,继续前进
For FNB establishments, so much of the business comes down to pedestrian traffic and on-site dining.
对于美国食品与营养委员会机构来说,很多业务都归结为行人交通和现场餐饮
The virus not only affected the clientele but also caused major disruptions to employment and staff.
该病毒不仅影响了客户,而且对就业和工作人员造成了重大干扰
Business culture and priorities were put to the test.
企业文化和优先事项受到了考验
The ups and downs yeah I mean it's been a wild roller coaster.
起起伏伏,我是说这就像疯狂的过山车
Open, close, open, close, you know, sometimes even when you're open legally.
开业,歇业,又开,又关,即使你有时合法开门
There's still no foot traffic because people are afraid to go out.
仍然没有人流量,因为人们不敢出门
I guess every business in the world will not succeed without a good team.
我想,没有一个好的团队,世界上任何一家企业都不会成功
So we really try to make it an important part of our business plan to have a team that we care about.
所以我们真的努力把拥有一支我们关心的团队作为我们商业计划的重要组成部分
And then that's reflected back hopefully they care about us.
反过来希望他们关心我们
And it's that very mindset that's helped Turnbull and his team persevere and stay dedicated to doing business in South China.
正是这种心态帮助特恩布尔和他的团队坚持不懈,致力于在华南开展业务
As for what's next, a sense of stability and realistic expectations best capture the current business approach.
至于接下来会发生什么,稳定感和切实的期望最能发掘当前的业务手段
Well I mean the news the other day about travel opening up was very welcoming, right?
我的意思是,前几天关于旅游开放的新闻非常受欢迎,对吧?
Having the canton fair back would be nice.
重新举办广交会是件好事
Steadier, you're living in a world now where things are much more steady.
更稳定,你现在生活在一个事物更加稳定的世界
It's not going to open and close, you can plan and you can kind of do things I guess more properly.
不会一直开业和歇业,你可以有计划,你可以更准确地做事情
But it's definitely not lineups to get in and sales to the roof.
但绝对不是排队入场然后屋顶销售
Omar Khan CGTN Guangzhou.
中国国际电视台奥马尔·汗在广州播报