(单词翻译:单击)
Ⅳ.对话篇
Jeff: Hey Joan. Do you want to have lunch with me today?
杰夫:嗨琼!今天愿意跟我一起吃午餐吗?
Joan: I would love to, but I have already accepted an invitation to eat with Mr Singh from the marketing department.
琼:很愿意,可我已经接受了市场部辛格先生的邀请跟他一起吃饭。
Jeff: Isn't he Indian?
杰夫:他不是印度人吗?
Joan: Yes, he is from India. What does that matter?
琼:对,他是从印度来的。这有什么关系吗?
Jeff: Well, he will want to have hot curries for lunch.
杰夫:他午餐会点热咖喱。
Joan: I cannot believe how ignorant you are some days. Do you eat hamburgers everyday just because you are an American?
琼:有的时候我真的不敢相信你是多么无知。就因为你是美国人你就要每天吃汉堡包吗?
Jeff: Of course not. That would be stupid.
杰夫:当然不是,那样很愚蠢。
Joan: That's right! Maybe Mr Singh would enjoy Japanese food for lunch?
琼:没错!也许辛格先生午餐想吃日本菜呢。
Jeff: Great! I love Japanese food. Can I join you?
杰夫:太好了!我很喜欢日本菜。我能跟你们一起去吗?
Joan: Only if you promise to be culturally sensitive!
琼:除非你保证对文化敏感一点儿!