(单词翻译:单击)
Woman: Advance Recruitment.
女:这里是提前招聘公司。
Man: Hello, I’ m phoning from A&T Computer Solutions. I was hoping you could help us with some temporary office staff.
男:你好,这里是A&T计算机解决方案公司。我希望贵公司能帮我们找些临时的办公室职员。
Woman: Of course. Can I take your name please?
女:当然可以,请问您叫什么名字?
Man: It’s John Howlett. That’s H-O-W-L-E double T.
男:我叫约翰·豪利特。H-O-W-L-E-T-T。
Woman: Fine. And what kind of posts are they?
女:好的,您需要什么样的职位?
Man: Well, we're looking for 3 secretaries. Two secretaries are leaving so we have to replace them but we’re also very busy and need another secretary because of the extra work.
男:嗯......我们要找三个秘书。两个秘书要离职,所以我们必须补上,而且我们也很忙,就需要再加一个秘书来处理额外的工作。
Woman: And when will they start?
女:那什么时候开始工作呢?
Man: Our secretaries leave next Friday - the 23rd. So we’d like your people for the 26th - if that’s possible.
男:我们的秘书下星期五,也就是23号离职。因此如果可能的话,我们希望26号能到岗。
Woman: It should be. And how long are the jobs for?
女:的确应该这样,工作时间是多久?
Man: At least 8 weeks. It may become as long as 12 but we’d only decide that 2 or 3 weeks after they’d started.
男:至少8个星期。可能会延长到12个星期,但我们只有在他们入职两三个星期后才能决定。
Woman: It’s 40 hours a week?
女:一星期工作40个小时吗?
Man: Yes. We normally pay £6.50 per hour to our permanent staff. What will you charge us?
男:是的。我们正式员工的薪水通常是每小时6.50英镑。贵公司怎么收费??
Woman: For experienced secretaries it’s £9.50 per hour.
女:有经验的秘书每小时9.50英镑。
Man: Right well we’d obviously need experienced staff.
男:我们当然是需要有经验的。
Woman: Fine. Can I ring you back later?
女:好的,我晚点再打给您好吗?
Man: Yes, the number's 6 3 double 0 9 7 and my extension is 218.
男:好的,我的号码是6 3 0 0 9 7,分机号码是218。
Woman: Oh, one more thing. Where are the company offices?
女:哦,还有一件事。贵公司的办公室在哪里?
Man: Central Business Park - on Broad Street.
男:在布劳得大街的中央商业公园。
Woman: Thank you.
女:谢谢。