BEC初级真题第2辑精听:Test3-Part four(4)
日期:2019-09-11 16:37

(单词翻译:单击)

Woman:Indeed. Does the magazine now make enough money from advertising to keep going without too much outside investment?
确实。现在杂志可以从广告中获得足够的收入来维持运转而不需要太多外部投资吗?
Man: Of course not, though our advertising income is excellent.
当然不能。尽管我们的广告收入非常好。
Our first copy alone brought in over twenty thousand pounds,
单是第一份杂志就带来了超过两万英镑的收入。
but we're still considered a risk by the banks so we are very lucky that
但银行仍然认为我们有风险,所以我们我们非常幸运的是,
we have several people willing to invest in us on a personal basis.
有一些人愿意以个人名义向我们投资。
Shall I tell you how many copies of the magazine we sold last month?
我可以告诉你上个月我们的杂志卖了多少本吗?
Woman: Forty, fifty thousand?
四五万本?
Man: About seventy-five thousand. I'm really pleased sales have increased so rapidly.
大约是7.5万本。我非常开心销量能增长得这么快。
Apart from one month when they dropped slightly,
除了有一个月销量有轻微的下降,
sales have grown until they reached the seventy-five thousand mark three months ago, where they've stayed.
销量一直在增加,直到三个月前销量增到7.5万的数字,并维持了下去。
Woman: And how do you see the magazine developing, James, say over the next year?
詹姆斯,在未来一年,你如何预期杂志的发展?
Man: I'm keen to see it read by more people, of course, but that doesn't mean I want to make any great changes.
当然我希望杂志能被更多人阅读,但是这并不意味着我想要做任何大的改变。
It looks good now, it feels right. I'm getting all the publicity I need.
它现在看起来很好,感觉没问题。我已经有了所有我需要的宣传渠道。
All I've got to work on is getting it out to more places so that it is more widely available.
我所要做的就是把它传播到更多的地方,这样它就能被更广泛地阅读。
At the moment, it's basically only available in London. I want to make sure everyone can buy it.
现在,它基本上只能在伦敦买到。我想确保每个人都能买到。
Woman: Well, good luck with that, James.
祝你好运詹姆斯。
Man: Thank you.
谢谢。

分享到