(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
If you feel peeved, you feel angry or annoyed.
如果你感到peved,意思是你感到生气或烦恼。
So, does "pet peeve" mean you are annoyed at your pet?
那么,“pet peeve”的意思是指你对你的宠物很生气吗?
I'm sorry, Anna. Can you not do that?
对不起,安娜。你能别这么做吗?
Whistling is a pet peeve of mine. And I'm trying to read.
吹口哨是让我不爽的一个行为。我在努力阅读呢。
Sure thing, Dan. No whistling.
没问题,丹。那我就不吹口哨。
Anna, you're making another noise.
安娜,你又在制造别的噪音了。
Dan, do you know what my pet peeve is?
丹,你知道什么让我不爽吗?
Someone who needs complete quiet when they're reading!
那就是一个在阅读时需要完全安静的人!
A "pet peeve" is a small thing that really annoys you.
“pet peeve”指的是一件让你很恼火的小事。
It can be odd and strangely specific.
它可以是很奇怪、特定的行为。
It is often something someone else does when you are around, and you just want them to stop.
通常是别人在你身边做的事情,而你希望他们能停止该行为。