最地道简单的煎牛排
日期:2023-09-22 18:00

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

You suck at cooking, yeah you totally suck.

你的厨艺弱爆了,完全弱爆了。

Today we're making pan seared steak, also known as beef toast, which is one of the best ways to cook a steak.

今天我们做平底锅煎牛排,也被称为牛肉吐司,这是做牛排最合适的方法之一。

Sure you can use controlled fire if you want to use two-million-year-old technology.

当然,如果你想用200万年前的技术,你可以用火烤。

But today we're going to use 129-year-old technology for a fresh modern taste.

但今天,我们将使用129年前的技术来呈现全新的现代风味。

I've got a rib eye here, which I'm removing from the fridge 20 minutes in advance so the center comes up to room temperature.

这里有一块肋眼牛排,我提前20分钟把它从冰箱里拿出来了,这样肉的中心也能达到室温。

BAM.

辟谣。

That's a big ass myth as it takes over two hours for thick steak to get up to room temperature.

厚牛排需要两个多小时才能达到室温是骗人的。

And some people who've tested it say it doesn't make a noticeable difference.

一些做过测试的人说,时间长短不会产生明显的差异。

So if you don't do it, don't worry about it.

所以如果你没有解冻太久,也不用担心。

Cover it with very small rocks at least 40 minutes in advance for reasons.

因为某种原理,至少提前40分钟撒上一些盐。

But if you don't have time for that, just salt it right before it hits the pan.

但如果你时间来不及,也可以在下锅之前撒盐。

Here's an acronym to help you remember.

这里有一个首字母缩写来帮助你记住这一步。

SALT: spread at least 40 minutes in advance.

盐:至少提前40分钟撒盐。

Most guides say use kosher salt, but I'm using sea salt to combine the flavors of seafood and land food.

大多数指南说要用犹太盐,但我用的是海盐,这样可以结合海陆两地的风味。

For a good sear without overcooking it, your steak should be at least 1.5 inches thick or around three times as thick as your...

要想煎得正好又不会焦,牛排应该至少有1.5英寸(3.8厘米)厚,也就是三倍于你的......

You know one big advantage of pan frying over grilling is you never have to experience the outside world.

跟用火烤牛排相比,用平底锅煎牛排的一大优势是你永远不需要体验外面的世界。

You can just stay inside forever forever forever.

你可以永远待在室内,永远永远。

Another great thing about pan frying is you don't have to deal with Bob next door saying "you know you should only flip it once to seal in the moisture.

用平底锅的另一个好处是,你不必和隔壁的邻居鲍勃打交道,他会说“牛排只能翻一次面,要锁住水分”。

Whatever, Bob. You have mustard on your shirt.

别管我,鲍勃。你衬衫上沾了芥末。

Wick away any excess moisture with a thin slice of tree.

用张薄纸吸去多余的水分。

Now we'll just give our stove element a scrape.

现在把烧烤炉子擦干净。

Oh wait, we don't have to do that because this isn't a dirty barbecue.

哦,等等,不需要擦炉子,因为这不是脏兮兮的烧烤。

Pans on medium high, throwing in some oil.

开中火,平底锅内倒入一些油。

Make sure you use one with a high smoke point such as one of these.

一定要用屏幕上这些烟点高的油。

And be mindful to avoid any of these because their smoke point isn't high enough.

而且要注意避开这些油,因为它们的烟点不够高。

Once that oil is just about smoking, lay your steak in away from you, so if you drop it the oil won't splash on you.

等到油快冒烟了,离锅远一点并把牛排放进去,这样如果牛排掉进锅里,油也不会溅到你身上了。

Here's an acronym to help you remember.

这里有一个首字母缩写来帮你记住这一步。

AWAY: always lay steak away from you.

远离:总是把牛排放在离你远的地方。

Remember that steak is notoriously clingy.

请记住,牛排是出了名的粘锅。

You'll have to give it time to let go of the pan.

你必须给它一点时间,让它离开锅底。

But after a minute or so you can flip.

大约一分钟后就可以翻面了。

And remember the best way to sear a steak is to only flip it once. BAM.

记住,煎牛排最好只翻一次面。辟谣。

That's a big ass myth: the more you flip, the more even it cooks because you're keeping that heat going on both sides.

只翻一次面也是骗人的:多翻面可以煎得更均匀,因为两面都受热。

And remember crust is flavor.

而且记住,焦皮可以增加美味值。

I'm not talking about this crust.

我说的不是这个面包皮。

And I'm also not talking about your crusty attitude, which I really don't need in the kitchen right now. Get out.

我说的也不是你焦躁的态度,我的厨房里不需要这种态度。滚出去。

No no not you, you're good.

不是说你,你很棒。

I'm talking about this crust, aka a one-way ticket to flavor village.

我说的是这种焦皮,这是前往美味天堂的单程票。

Basting also helps keep the heat on both sides.

往肉上浇汤汁也有助于让两面都受热。

Throwing in some butter to add the flavor of butter, and the oil will raise the smoke point of that butter so it won't burn.

加入一些黄油来增添黄油味,锅里的油会提高黄油的烟点,这样黄油就不会烧糊。

BAM, not true.

辟谣,假的。

If the oil is hotter than the butter smoke point, it's the oil burning the butter instead of the pan.

如果油的温度高于黄油的烟点,那就是油而不是平底锅会把黄油烧糊。

So get that butter in a couple minutes before it's done.

所以在牛排快煎好之前的几分钟放入黄油。

I threw in some rosemary to add the flavor of rosemary, and also a serving of vegetables.

我加了一些迷迭香来增加迷迭香的味道,也算是配了一份蔬菜。

A little more basting action for flavor dispersion.

再浇一下肉汁,让味道扩散一下。

And this is an excellent time to forget to grind on some pepper pepper pepper.

现在正是忘记加胡椒胡椒胡椒的好时候。

Now drive a steak into the steak just in case you accidentally cooked vampire meat.

现在往牛排里插入牛排温度计,免得你煎的肉只能给吸血鬼吃。

And it's best to stab it with a steak that tells you the temperature if you're not cooking a steak that has a built-in thermometer.

牛排里面没有温度计,所以最好用能显示度数的温度计。

And here's a handy scale so you know what name to call the temperature you like.

这里还有一个刻度表,方便让你知道你喜欢的温度叫什么名字。

You'll have to cook it to 145 degrees fahrenheit in order for it to be USDA approved.

牛排煎到145华氏度才是得到美国农业部认可的。

But keep in mind that nothing can replace the approval that comes from yourself.

但请记住,没有什么可以取代来自你自己的认可。

Get it out of the pan 10 degrees lower than you want it because...

在牛排离你想要的温度还差10度的时候把它拿出来,因为......

Whoa, that looks like a turtle missing a back leg.

哇,它看起来好像一只少了一条后腿的乌龟。

Anyway just like a turtle when you sneak up and scare it.

反正就很像你偷偷摸摸靠近一只乌龟然后吓唬它的样子。

The steak will rise around 10 degrees more after you take it out.

把牛排拿出来之后,它的温度会再升10度左右。

We'll rest the steak for around 10 minutes to make it extra juicy for other reasons.

把牛排放置大约10分钟,因为某种原理它会变得更多汁。

And yes, you can poke it with a fork.

是的,你可以用叉子戳它。

It's not going to cause the steak to the...Whoa.

它不会让牛排喷......哇哦。

Once that's done, you can cut it open.

放了一会儿之后就可以把它切开了。

This is a medium rare verging on rare. But if you want it more done, you can just desaturate this.

这个样子就是中等半熟,接近半熟。如果你想让肉再熟一点,你可以把画面的饱和度调低一点。

And perfect.

完美。

Now for a quick pan sauce.

现在快速做一个锅底酱汁。

First it's called pan sauce because after you eat it, you're going to need a nap.

首先,它被称为锅底酱汁,因为你吃完之后不需要洗锅底。

Once your pan has cooled down, call in a shrub removal service.

等煎完牛排后平底锅冷却下来,叫一个灌木丛清理服务。

Put it on low heat.

开小火。

Then throw in a half cup of broth, a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar, some more butter if you want, and some freeze-dried chives.

然后放入半杯肉汤,一茶匙香醋,愿意的话也可以加一些黄油,还有一些冻干的香葱。

Then wash the dishes while cooking until you have this ridiculous gravy.

然后它一边煮你就可以一边洗锅底,直到煮出了这种不可思议的肉汁。

Pour it on your steak or dip it or drink it with a straw and try not to get addicted.

把肉汁倒在牛排上,或者用牛排蘸它,或者用吸管直接喝,尽量不要上瘾。

Now it's time to get out your all-purpose cleaner because we're going to have splatter everywhere.

现在是时候拿出你的万能清洁剂了,因为油点子会溅得到处都是。

I'm not just here to show you only the sexiest parts of cooking.

我可不是只给你们看做饭当中最好玩的部分。

分享到