(单词翻译:单击)
Hello! I'm John Russell.
大家好!我是约翰·拉塞尔
In a recent video, we explored the idea of training pronunciation like an athlete trains for their sport.
在最近的一期视频中,我们探讨了像运动员训练一样训练发音的想法
Athletes have specific warmups and then a specific kind of practice to build their skills.
运动员有特定的热身动作,有特定的练习来增强他们的技能
Let's explore in a little more detail how you can warm up for speaking practice.
让我们更详细地探讨一下如何为口语练习热身
Your tongue, lips and jaw all play a part in your speaking performance.
你的舌头、嘴唇和下巴在你讲话的过程中都起着重要的作用
We can get ready for speaking practice by warming up all these parts of the mouth.
我们可以通过放松口腔的这些部位来为口语练习做准备
I'll explain. Let's start with the lips and the jaw.
我来解释一下
The lips and jaw have to move very far to produce certain vowel sounds -ee-, -oo-, and -aa-, in particular.
嘴唇和下巴必须移动幅度很大才能发出某些元音,尤其是-ee-、-oo-和-aa-
We can do a kind of circuit -- meaning one sound, then another, then another, in a repetitive manner to improve our ability in these end ranges. Like this: -ee-.
我们可以循环做一遍——意思是先发一个音,然后再发另一个音,再发另一个音,以一种重复的方式来提高我们在这些末端范围内的能力
Note the corners of my lips are very far apart.
请注意,我的嘴角张得很大
Now we move to a different vowel sound: -oo-.
现在我们发另一个元音:-oo-
Note the corners of my lips are very close.
注意,我的嘴角闭得很紧
Now pay careful attention to my jaw for this vowel sound: -aa-, -aa-, -aa-.
当我发这个元音时,仔细注意我的下巴:-aa-,-aa-,-aa-
My jaw drops pretty far for that sound.
发这个元音时,我的下巴向下拉
Now let's put them together in a circuit. -ee-, -oo-, -aa-.
现在让我们把它们依次读一遍
That's all for today! Keep up the good work!
今天就到这里吧!继续努力!