(单词翻译:单击)
It's such an honor to be here at the inaugural Time to THRIVE conference.
很荣幸来到这里参加THRIVE大会的开幕 。
But it's a little weird, too.
但这也有点奇怪 。
Here I am, in this room because of an organization whose work I deeply admire.
我来到这里,是因为这是一个我深深敬佩的组织 。
And I'm surrounded by people who make it their life's work to make other people's lives better -- profoundly better.
这里的人们把让别人的生活变得更好,作为他们毕生的工作--永远得更好 。
Some of you teach young people.
有人开导年轻人 。
Some of you help young people heal and to find their voice.
有人帮助年轻人疗伤,找到他们的声音 。
Some of you listen.Some of you take action.
一些人在倾听 。一些人采取了行动 。
Some of you are young people yourselves...
你们中的一些人自己也是年轻人 。
In which case, it's even weirder for a person like me to be speaking to you.
无论哪一种,都不适合我来为他们演讲 。
It's weird because here I am, an actress, representing — at least in some sense — an industry that places crushing standards on all of us.
这很奇怪,因为我是一名女演员,某种程度上,为别人树立了高标准 。
Not just young people, but everyone, standards of beauty, of a good life, of success.
不只是年轻人,每个人都是,美丽的标准,美好生活的标准,成功之路的标准 。
Standards that, I hate to admit, have affected me.
我不愿承认,那些标准确实影响了我 。
You have ideas planted in your head, thoughts you never had before, that tell you how you have to act, how you have to dress and who you have to be.
有很多你之前从没有过的观念、想法就这样深深植入了你的脑海,它告诉你,你要怎么做,你要怎么穿,你要做个什么样的人 。
I have been trying to push back, to be authentic, to follow my heart, but it can be hard.
我一直试着去甩掉那些念头,努力忠于自我,倾听内心的声音,但这真的不容易 。
But that's why I'm here.
但这就是我来这里的原因 。
In this room, all of you, all of us, can do so much more together than any one person can do alone.
在这里,你们、我们所有人,大家共同努力做的事情比任何一个人单独做,要多得多 。
And I hope that thought bolsters you as much as it does me.
我希望这个想法能支持你走下去,就像支持我一样 。
I hope the workshops you'll go to over the next few days give you strength.
我希望你在接下来的几天的研讨会能给你力量 。
Because I can only imagine that there are days -- when you've worked longer hours than your boss realizes or cares about, just to help a kid who you know can make it.
因为我只能想象那样的日子,你工作的时间比你老板认为的要多得多,就为了帮助一个你相信能够渡过难关的孩子 。
Days where you feel completely alone. Undermined. Or hopeless.
那些你会觉得孤单彷徨,几经重挫,或彻底绝望的日子 。
I know there are people in this room who go to school every day and get treated like shit for no reason.
我知道在座的有些人在学校无缘无故地被当成狗屎一样对待 。
Or you go home and you feel like you can't tell your parents the whole truth about yourself.
或者你回家后觉得你不能告诉你父母关于你自己的全部真相 。
Beyond putting yourself in one box or another, you worry about the future.
除了把自己放在这样或那样的盒子里之外,你还会担心未来 。
About college or work or even your physical safety.
关于大学或工作,甚至你的身体安全 。