(单词翻译:单击)
Alexa Juliana Ard is a foreign video editor for The Post, and she's been reporting about how smart speakers can negatively affect people like her.
Alexa Juliana Ard是“华盛顿邮报”的一名外国视频编辑,她一直在报道智能音箱如何对像她这样的人产生负面影响
I want you to go back to 2014, to about this time of year when all the online shopping gears up before the holidays. Imagine it's in November.
我想让你们回到2014年,回到每年的这个时候,所有的网上购物都在节日前启动
You open your e-mail and see an article from TechCrunch about this new home device called an Amazon Echo.
你打开电子邮件,看到一篇来自TechCrunch的文章,是关于这款名为Amazon Echo的新型家用设备的
Amazon surprised everyone today and launched a new hardware product called Echo.
亚马逊今天出乎所有人的意料,推出了一款名为Echo的新硬件产品
It's a smart speaker from Amazon that's a personal assistant.
这是亚马逊的智能音箱,是个人助理
You can look up anything online, play music, and turn on your lights, all with your voice.
你可以在网上查找任何东西,播放音乐,开灯,所有的一切都是通过你的声音实现
Can do things like answer questions, where answers are generated from Wikipedia.
可以做一些事情,比如回答问题,这些答案来自维基百科
To do all these things, the device's artificial intelligence needs to be woken up.
要实现所有这些事情,需要唤醒该设备的人工智能
So Amazon gives this A.I. a name you can call it.
所以亚马逊给这个人工智能起了个名字
And here's the crazy thing -- it's your name.
最疯狂的是,用了你的名字
How many feet are in a mile?
一英里有多少英尺?
Buy more deodorant.
买更多的除臭剂
It's weird. Maybe you feel a little flattered, but this is just the next tech gadget and probably won't last.
这很奇怪
Amazon just tried launching a phone a couple months ago, and it wasn't going well.
几个月前,亚马逊刚刚推出了一款手机,但进展并不顺利
The Fire Phone tries to be fun and delightful, but too often, it's just complicated.
Fire Phone试图变得有趣和令人愉快,但太多时候,它只是复杂
Then time passes. You visit a friend's place for a dinner party.
然后过去了一段时间
And you introduce yourself.
然后介绍你自己
Sorry. I didn't get that.
对不起
They use your name to tell it to shut up.
他们用你的名字叫它闭嘴
Your friend asks to call you by a nickname or your last name or just as "they who shall not be named."
你的朋友要求称呼你的昵称或姓氏,或者就像“那些不能被提及的人”那样
More time passes. The Amazon Echo isn't fading, but getting more popular, adding more features.
更多的时间流逝了
You have a meeting at work.
你上班要开会
People go around the table introducing themselves.
人们围着桌子作自我介绍
A guy says your name, and then, in monotone, says...
一个人说了你的名字,然后,用单调的声音说……
How's the weather outside?
外面天气怎么样?
You start using a different name when ordering food.
点餐的时候你开始用不同的名字
It's not worth hearing the same realization, the same jokes again and again.
发出同样的声音,讲同样的笑话,一遍又一遍地听,是不值得的
Play my favorite song.
播放我最喜欢的歌曲
Turn on the TV.
打开电视
How many feet are in a mile? How many feet are in a mile?How many feet are in a mile?
一英里有多少英尺? 一英里有多少英尺? 一英里有多少英尺?
You start to think maybe it's something you've done, because there's no way everyone could be so committed to this joke.
你开始认为这可能是你做过的事,因为不可能每个人都这么热衷于这个笑话
Eventually, you can't help but take it personally.
最终,你会情不自禁地对号入座
All these things really happen to these people.
所有这些事情都发生在这些人身上