(单词翻译:单击)
Hey, PsychGoers.
嘿,大家好。
Thank you for all of the love and support that you've given us.
谢谢你们给予的爱和支持。
PsychGo's aim is to make psychology and mental health more accessible to everyone.
我们的目标是让每个人都更容易获得心理学和心理健康的知识。
And before we begin, we wanted to thank Brilliant for sponsoring this video.
开始之前,我们要感谢Brilliant对本视频提供的赞助。
Brilliant is an educational online platform that aims to make learning math and science fun and stress-free.
Brilliant是在线教育平台,旨在让学习数学和科学变得有趣又无压力。
If you're interested, watch till the end for a promotion.
如果你感兴趣的话,视频结尾处有优惠活动。
Childhood is an important developmental time in our lives.
童年是生命中重要的发展时期。
The things you experience as a child often stick with you well into adulthood.
小时候经历的事情常常伴随着你一直进入成年。
Habits are learned, relationships often repeat themselves.
习惯是后天养成的,人际关系往往会重演。
And every big change we encounter leaves a lasting impact.
我们遇到的每一个重大变化都会留下持久的影响。
Our childhood experiences affect our view of the world and where we stand in it.
童年经历影响着我们对世界的看法和我们持有的立场。
Unfortunately though, not everyone grows up in a stable and supportive household.
不幸的是,并不是每个人都成长于稳定的家庭之中。
Some children experience abuse or are victim to poverty and bullying, illness or discrimination.
有些儿童遭受虐待或成为贫穷、欺凌、疾病或歧视的受害者。
So here are five examples of how your childhood affects your mental health.
以下的五个例子,说明了童年如何影响你的心理健康。
One, childhood is an essential time for brain development.
一、童年是大脑发育的关键时期。
Between early childhood and puberty, the brain's development allows for complex thought process as well as the internalizing of experiences.
在幼儿期和青春期之间,大脑的发育产生复杂的思维过程以及经验内化。
Children typically begin to spend time with their peers at school over socializing only with their immediate family at home.
孩子们通常开始花时间与学校的同龄人交往,而不只是在家里和家人互动。
According to Mental Health America, as children begin to figure out their place among others,
根据美国心理健康协会的说法,孩子们开始了解自己在其他人中的地位时,
they also start to understand the rules of the world as well as their individual moral compass.
并了解世界的规则以及他们个人的道德指向。
Two, your relationship with your caregivers sets up all future relationships.
二、你和照看者的关系建立了所有未来的关系。
As a child, you learn about other people and how to interact with them through your experiences with caregivers.
当你还是孩子的时候,你和照看者之间的经历使你了解其他人以及如何与他们互动。
The kind of relationship you develop, whether secure or unstable is usually the lens through which you approach all future relationships.
你发展出的关系,无论是安全还是不稳定的,通常都是你处理未来所有关系的基础。
For example, the National Child Traumatic Stress Network notes, children who do not have healthy attachments have been shown to be more vulnerable to stress.
例如,全国儿童创伤压力网络指出,没有健康依恋的儿童更容易受到压力的影响。
They have trouble controlling and expressing emotions and may react violently or inappropriately to situations.
他们在控制和表达情绪方面有困难,可能会对情境做出激烈或不适当的反应。
Our ability to develop healthy, supportive relationships with friends and significant others
我们能否与朋友和重要他人建立健康的、支持性的关系,
depends on having first developed those kinds of relationships in our families.
取决于我们是否先在家庭中建立了这种关系。
A child with a complex trauma history may have problems in romantic relationships,
有复杂创伤史的孩子可能在恋爱关系、
in friendships, and with authority figures such as teachers or police officers.
友谊以及与教师或警官等权威人士之间存在问题。
Three, unhealthy emotional processing lasts into adulthood.
三、不健康的情绪过程持续到成年。
Studies show that when children experience trauma or prolonged stress, it changes the way they process their emotions.
研究表明,儿童经历创伤或长期压力时,他们处理情绪的方式会发生改变。
For example, a child with a dismissive parent may learn to act out or throw a tantrum in order to get their needs met.
例如,存在鄙视心态父母的孩子可能会为了满足自己的需要而学会表演或发脾气。
Clinical psychologist Katie McLaughlin PhD, argues these changes in emotional regulation,
临床心理学家凯蒂·麦克劳林博士认为,情绪调节的这些变化,
including elevated emotional reactivity, decreased emotional awareness, and unhealthy coping habits
包括情绪反应性的提高、情绪意识的降低以及不健康的应对习惯,

allows the effects of childhood stressors to stick with you well into adulthood.
使得童年压力源的影响一直伴随着你到成年。
Four, childhood is full of changes.
四、童年充满变化。
Do you remember feeling overwhelmed on your first day of school?
你还记得上学的第一天感到不知所措吗?
Do you still cringe at some of the phases you went through in middle school?
你还对中学时经历的某些阶段感到畏缩吗?
Childhood and adolescence are full of scary and embarrassing changes.
童年和青春期充满了可怕和尴尬的变化。
The Mental Health Foundation of the UK reminds us
英国心理健康基金会提醒我们,
that even though these changes may be exciting, they do take a toll on young minds.
尽管这些变化可能令人兴奋,但它们确实对年轻人造成了伤害。
Puberty is a huge change and it leaves a physical, hormonal and emotional impression on you.
青春期是一个巨大的变化,它让你在身体、荷尔蒙和情感方面发生改变。
As your body changes, so does your relationship with yourself and others.
随着身体的变化,你与自己和他人的关系也会随之变化。
Friends drift apart, romantic interest peaks and we begin to figure out who we are and where we belong in our social groups.
朋友们渐行渐远,浪漫情趣达到顶峰,我们开始搞清楚自己是谁,自己在社会群体中的归属。
And five, the correlation between bullying in childhood and mental illness in adults.
五、儿童期的欺凌行为与成人精神疾病的相关性。
If you've been bullied as a child, it's usually not difficult to recall the fear, anxiety or low self-worth that you experienced as a result.
如果你小时候遭受欺负,通常不难回忆起你所经历的恐惧、焦虑或低自我价值感。
Surprisingly though, a team run by Dr. Suzet Tanya Lereya, found that childhood bullying is likely to affect you long into adulthood.
然而令人惊讶的是,苏泽特·坦尼亚·勒雷亚博士领导的一个研究小组发现,童年时期的欺凌行为很可能会一直影响你到长大成人。
Their 2015 study included children from the U.S. and the UK, and they discovered that children who are bullied by their peers
他们2015年的研究包括来自美国和英国的孩子,他们发现,被同龄人欺负的孩子
were more likely to experience anxiety or depression as an adult.
成年后更有可能经历焦虑或抑郁。
This part of the video is sponsored by Brilliant.
视频的这部分内容由Brilliant赞助。
Brilliant is an online learning platform that's revolutionized the way we learn math and science.
Brilliant是在线学习平台,它彻底改变了我们学习数学和科学的方式。
As Stephen Covey said, "Be patient with yourself.
正如斯蒂芬·科维所说,“对自己要有耐心。
Self-growth is tender, it's holy ground.
自我成长是温柔的过程,是神圣之地。
There is no greater investment."
没有比这更大的投资了。”
Brilliant helps you make that investment and growth.
Brilliant帮助你实现投资和成长。
They break down concepts into manageable pieces and help you see concepts visually and intuitively.
它们将概念分解为可管理的部分,并帮助你直观地了解这些概念。
Each of their courses present clear thinking in each part and then builds up to a fascinating conclusion.
他们的每门课程在每一部分都思路清晰,然后形成引人入胜的结论。
I strongly recommend you go to brilliant.org/psychgo to sign up for free.
我强烈建议你登陆brilliant.org/psychgo 网站免费注册。
The first 200 people that sign up, will also get 20% off their annual subscription.
前200位注册者还将获得20%的年度订阅折扣。
Did you find this video insightful?
你觉得这个视频很有见地吗?
What was your childhood like?
你的童年什么样子?
Let us know in the comments below.
请在下面的评论中告诉我们。
If you enjoyed watching this video, give us a thumbs up and share it with someone who might find it helpful too.
如果你喜欢收看本视频,请给我们点赞,并与那些可能也觉得它有帮助的人分享。
The studies and references used are listed in the description below.
使用的研究和参考文献列在下面的描述中了。
Don't forget to hit the subscribe button and the notification bell icon for More PsychGo content.
记得点击订阅按钮和提示图标查看更多内容。
And as always, thanks for watching.
感谢收看。
We'll see you next time.
我们下次再见。
