经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第703期
日期:2020-12-01 09:08

(单词翻译:单击)

"Mr. Rochester, I have just discovered the sun is far declined from its meridian, and Pilot is actually gone home to his dinner.

“罗切斯特先生,我刚发现,日色西斜,太阳早过了子午线。派洛特实际上已经回家去吃饭了,

Let me look at your watch."

让我看看你的手表。”

"Fasten it into your girdle, Janet, and keep it henceforward: I have no use for it."

“把它别在你腰带上吧,珍妮特,今后你就留着,反正我用不上。”

"It is nearly four o'clock in the afternoon, sir.

“差不多下午四点了,先生。

md_fedf7a01a12d-jane-2.jpg

Don't you feel hungry?"

你不感到饿吗?”

"The third day from this must be our wedding-day, Jane.

“从今天算起第三天,该是我们举行婚礼的日子了,简。

Never mind fine clothes and jewels, now: all that is not worth a fillip."

现在,别去管豪华衣装和金银首饰了,这些东西都一钱不值。”

"The sun has dried up all the rain-drops, sir.

“太阳已经晒干了雨露,先生。

The breeze is still: it is quite hot."

微风止了,气候很热。”

"Do you know, Jane, I have your little pearl necklace at this moment fastened round my bronze scrag under my cravat?

“你知道吗,简,此刻在领带下面青铜色的脖子上,我戴着你小小的珍珠项链。

I have worn it since the day I lost my only treasure, as a memento of her."

自从失去仅有的宝贝那天起,我就戴上它了,作为对她的怀念。”

"We will go home through the wood: that will be the shadiest way."

“我们穿过林子回家吧,这条路最荫凉。”

He pursued his own thoughts without heeding me.

他顺着自己的思路去想,没有理会我。

"Jane! you think me, I daresay, an irreligious dog: but my heart swells with gratitude to the beneficent God of this earth just now.

“简!我想,你以为我是一条不敬神的狗吧,可是这会儿我对世间仁慈的上帝满怀感激之情。

He sees not as man sees, but far clearer: judges not as man judges, but far more wisely.

他看事物跟人不一样,要清楚得多;他判断事物跟人不一样,而要明智得多。

分享到