(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute from home.
欢迎来到居家版《一分钟英语》栏目。
Nuts grow in a hard, protective shell.
坚果长在坚硬的保护性外壳里。
But what does it mean if someone says "in a nutshell"?
但是要是有人说in a nutshell,那是什么意思呢?
Jonathan, how are those home improvement projects going?
乔纳森,那些家居装修工程进行得怎么样了?
Horribly. In a nutshell, I currently have many holes in my walls and I have no running water.
糟透了。简单地说,我的墙上现在有很多洞,也没有自来水。
Oh, geez. Can I do anything to help?
哦,天啊。我能帮你什么忙吗?
Not unless you're a plumber.
除非你是一名水管工。
"In a nutshell" means to explain something briefly without providing details.
“In a nutshell”的意思是简单地解释某事,无需提供细节。
You are giving people a quick summary of a complex situation or story.
就是针对复杂的情况或故事,给出一个快速总结。
In fact, you could say every EIM is an idiom in a nutshell.
实际上,你可以把每一期EIM简单概括为是在讲一个俚语。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》!