经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第651期
日期:2020-09-01 08:56

(单词翻译:单击)

"It remains for me, then," he said,

那么,”他说,

"to remember you in my prayers, and to entreat God for you, in all earnestness, that you may not indeed become a castaway.

“就让我在祷告中记住你,真诚地祈求上帝不让你真的成为弃儿。

I had thought I recognised in you one of the chosen.

我想我已认为你是主的选民了。

But God sees not as man sees: His will be done."

不过上帝的眼光跟人的不一样,他的才真正起作用。”

He opened the gate, passed through it, and strayed away down the glen.

他打开了栅门,走了出去,溜达着行下峡谷,

He was soon out of sight.

很快就不见了。

Rochester-Jane-Eyre.jpg

On re-entering the parlour, I found Diana standing at the window, looking very thoughtful.

我再次进入客厅的时候,发觉黛安娜伫立窗边,看上去若有所思,

Diana was a great deal taller than I:

她个子比我高得多。

she put her hand on my shoulder, and, stooping, examined my face.

她把手搭在我肩上,俯身端详起我的脸来。

"Jane," she said, "you are always agitated and pale now.

“简,”她说,“现在你总是脸色苍白,焦躁不安。

I am sure there is something the matter.

肯定是出了什么事了。

Tell me what business St. John and you have on hands.

告诉我,圣·约翰同你在闹什么别扭。

I have watched you this half hour from the window;

我从这扇窗看了半个小时了。

you must forgive my being such a spy, but for a long time I have fancied I hardly know what.

你得原谅我那么暗中监视你,但过了好久我还不知道自己是怎么回事。

St. John is a strange being" ----

圣·约翰是个怪人——

She paused -- I did not speak: soon she resumed: --

”她顿了一下一一我没有吱声、她立刻接着说——:

"That brother of mine cherishes peculiar views of some sort respecting you, I am sure:

“我这位哥哥对你的看法非同一般,我敢肯定。

he has long distinguished you by a notice and interest he never showed to any one else -- to what end?

他早就对你特别注意和关心了,对别人可从来没有这样——什么目的呢?

I wish he loved you -- does he, Jane?"

但愿他爱上了你——他爱你吗,简?”

I put her cool hand to my hot forehead; "No, Die, not one whit."

我把她冷冰冰的手放在我发烫的额头上:“不,黛,没有那回事儿。”

"Then why does he follow you so with his eyes, and get you so frequently alone with him, and keep you so continually at his side?

“那他干嘛眼睛老盯着你——老是要你同他单独在一起,而且一直把你留在他身边?

Mary and I had both concluded he wished you to marry him."

玛丽和我都断定他希望你嫁给他。”

分享到