单身贵族案(MP3+中英字幕) 第30期:真相大白(7)
日期:2020-06-29 08:42

(单词翻译:单击)

"Then we had a talk as to what we should do, and Frank was all for openness,
"接着我们就商量该怎么办,弗兰克主张完全公开,
but I was so ashamed of it all that I felt as if I should like to vanish away and never see any of them again
但是我对这一切感到非常的惭愧,我但愿从此销声匿迹,永远不再见到他们之中的任何一个人,
just sending a line to pa, perhaps, to show him that I was alive.
也许,给爸爸写张条子,表明我尚在人间就是了。
It was awful to me to think of all those lords and ladies sitting round that breakfast-table and waiting for me to come back.
我一想起那些爵士们、夫人们正围坐在早餐桌旁等我回去,心里就忐忑不安。
So Frank took my wedding-clothes and things and made a bundle of them, so that I should not be traced,
于是,弗兰克为了使别人找不到我,就把我的结婚礼服和其它东西收拾起来捆成一包,
and dropped them away somewhere where no one could find them.
扔到一个没有人找得到的地方。

福尔摩斯探案集 单身贵族案

It is likely that we should have gone on to Paris to-morrow,
本来我们明天就可能到巴黎去了,
only that this good gentleman, Mr. Holmes, came round to us this evening,
要不是这位好心的福尔摩斯先生今天晚上来找我们的话,
though how he found us is more than I can think,
虽然我想象不出他是怎样发现我们的地址的,
and he showed us very clearly and kindly that I was wrong and that Frank was right,
但是他善意和清楚地开导了我们,指出我是错了,弗兰克是对的,
and that we should be putting ourselves in the wrong if we were so secret.
而我们这样怕人家知道,那要犯很大的错误。
Then he offered to give us a chance of talking to Lord St. Simon alone,
然后,他提出给我们一个跟圣西蒙勋爵单独谈话的机会,
and so we came right away round to his rooms at once.
所以,我们就立即到这里来了。
Now, Robert, you have heard it all, and I am very sorry if I have given you pain,
好了,罗伯特,你现在什么都明白了吧,如果我使你感到痛苦,那我就太抱歉了,
and I hope that you do not think very meanly of me."
希望你不要把我想得太卑鄙。"

分享到