(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
25 I learn for life. Once cats master an essential skill such as hunting, they remember it, according to Animal Planet.
我学会了东西就忘不了 。《动物星球》表示,一旦猫咪掌握了一项重要的技能,比如狩猎,它们就会一直掌握这个技能 。
Even after they've spent years indoors eating commercial food,
即使猫在室内吃了多年的商品食物,
cats who learned to kill as kittens can still hunt down their own dinner if the need arises.
在需要的时候,小时候学过猎杀的猫咪仍然能靠自己猎杀获得晚餐 。
26 Your nurturing affects my nature.
你的养育方式能影响我的本性 。
Just as kids can be influenced by the environment in which they grow up, an owner's personality can rub off on a cat.
就像孩子能受他们生长的环境影响一样,主人的个性也能影响到猫 。
One study found that cats with neurotic owners were more prone to exhibit stress, fear, and even aggressiveness.
一项研究发现,神经质主人养育的猫更易出现压力,恐惧,甚至攻击性 。
27 In fact, you often train me, whether you know it or not.
实际上,不管你知不知道,你都经常在训练我 。
Many people think of cats as independent-minded, but you do reinforce their behavior, says Sarah Ellis, coauthor of The Trainable Cat.
《可训练的猫》一书的合著者莎拉·埃利斯说,许多人认为猫是有主见的,但人类确实强化了它们的行为 。
For instance, your cat is smart enough to know that you don't want her walking on the kitchen counter,
比如,你的猫足够聪明,它知道你不想让她走在厨房柜台上 。
but she likes the attention she gets when you run and snatch her off every time.
但是它很喜欢你每次跑去抓它时,它得到的关注 。
Ellis says you can use treats to teach Kitty to come when called, giving you a positive means to lure her away.
埃利斯说,在叫小猫时,你可以用美食来教它过来,这是一个吸引它的积极的方式 。
28 Confined spaces make me feel safe. That's why cats climb right into those shoeboxes and suitcases.
封闭的空间让我感到安全 。这就是为什么猫会爬进鞋盒和行李箱 。
Dutch researchers who studied 19 newly arrived shelter cats found that the ones who were allowed to hide in boxes
荷兰研究人员对19只新到收容所的猫进行了研究,他们发现,相比于那些没有藏身之地的猫,
exhibited significantly less stress than the cats who didn't have a hidey-hole.
那些被允许藏在盒子里的猫展现出的紧张少得多 。
29 I'm not as good a poker player as you think.
我玩扑克没你想象中那么好 。
Cats do express their emotions on their faces, according to a 2017 study in Behavioural Processes.
根据一项2017年的关于行为过程的研究,猫确实会将它们的情绪展现在脸上 。
Researchers made short video clips at a Canadian shelter to track and code cats' facial expressions.
研究人员在加拿大庇护所拍摄了一段视频,来追踪和编码猫的面部表情 。
They determined that blinking and half blinking are associated with fear.
他们发现,眨眼和半眨眼与恐惧有关 。
Cats show frustration by hissing, raising their upper lips, licking and wrinkling their noses, and showing their tongues.
猫咪通过发出嘶嘶声、抬高上嘴唇、舔鼻子、皱鼻子和伸出舌头来表示沮丧 。
And when they're relaxed, they often gaze to the right.
当他们放松的时候,他们经常凝视右边 。
30 I don't like to share. Sharing food or water bowls or a litter box can make cats anxious, according to veterinarian Katrina Warren.
我不喜欢分享 。兽医卡特里娜·沃伦说,分享食物、水碗或猫砂盒会让猫感到焦虑 。
If you have multiple cats, maintain separate dishes and litter boxes for each.
如果你有很多只猫,请为每只猫准备单独的盘子和猫砂盒 。
Does your cat still seem anxious? Provide your kitty with a place to perch, since cats appreciate high places and autonomy.
你的猫还紧张吗?为你的猫咪准备一个栖息的地方,因为它喜欢高的地方和自主权 。
重点讲解
1.prone to易于
The test should identify which smokers are most prone to develop lung cancer.
这项检查应该可以确认哪些吸烟者更容易得肺癌 。
2.In fact实际上
In fact, the first group were absolutely correct in their estimation of this man's height.
事实上,第一组人对这名男子身高的估计完全正确 。
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载 。