(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute.
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目
Many expressions in American English
美式英语中的许多表达
have to do with animals,
都与动物有关,
like this one:
就像这个表达:
Hey Jonathan, did you get a chance to go
嗨,乔纳森,你有机会去
to that new restaurant by your apartment?
你公寓旁边新餐馆吗?
Oh yeah!
哦,有的!
I pigged out.
我狼吞虎咽地吃完了。
I tried almost every single dish they had.
我几乎尝遍了他们所有的菜。
Wow. The food was that good, huh?
哇哦。吃的那么好,是吧?

Sure was.
当然是了。
But next time I decide to try a new restaurant,
但下次我决定去一家新餐馆时,
please remind me to not pig out quite that much!
请提醒我不要那么狼吞虎咽!
Yeah.
好的。
When we say "pig out" about a person,
当我们描述一个人“pig out”的时候,
it means that person seems to eat
这意味着人似乎吃得
as much as a pig does.
和猪一样多。
To "pig out" means to eat a lot of something
“pig out”意思是一次吃很多东西,
all at once, probably more than you should!
可能比你本应吃的还要多!
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目
