经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第574期
日期:2020-05-14 21:34

(单词翻译:单击)

"Had I done these pictures? Did I know French and German?

“是你画的吗?你懂法文和德文?

What a love -- what a miracle I was!

你真可爱—一真是个奇迹!

I drew better than her master in the first school in S----.

你比S城第一所学校的教师还画得好。

Would I sketch a portrait of her, to show to papa?"

你愿意为我画一张让我爸爸看看吗?”

"With pleasure," I replied;

“很乐意,”我回答。

无标题.jpg

and I felt a thrill of artist -- delight at the idea of copying from so perfect and radiant a model.

一想到要照着这样一个如此完美、如此容光焕发的模特儿画,我便感到了艺术家喜悦的颤栗。

She had then on a dark-blue silk dress; her arms and her neck were bare;

那时她穿了深蓝色的丝绸衣服;裸露着胳膊和脖子,

her only ornament was her chestnut tresses, which waved over her shoulders with all the wild grace of natural curls.

唯一的装饰是她栗色的头发,以一种天然卷曲所有的不加修饰的雅致,波浪似地从肩上披下来。

I took a sheet of fine card-board, and drew a careful outline.

我拿了一张精致的卡纸,仔细地画了轮廓,

I promised myself the pleasure of colouring it;

并打算享受将它上彩的乐趣。

and, as it was getting late then, I told her she must come and sit another day.

由于当时天色已晚,我告诉她得改天再坐下来让我画了。

She made such a report of me to her father, that Mr. Oliver himself accompanied her next evening --

她把我的情况向她父亲作了详尽的报告,结果第二天晚上奥利弗先生居然亲自陪着她来了。

a tall, massive-featured, middle-aged, and grey-headed man,

他高个子,五官粗大,中等年纪,头发灰白。

at whose side his lovely daughter looked like a bright flower near a hoary turret.

身边那位可爱的的女儿看上去象一座古塔旁的一朵鲜花。

He appeared a taciturn, and perhaps a proud personage;

他似乎是个沉默寡言,或许还很自负的人,

but he was very kind to me.

但对我很客气。

The sketch of Rosamond's portrait pleased him highly: he said I must make a finished picture of it.

罗莎蒙德的那张速写画很使他高兴。他嘱我千万要把它完成,

He insisted, too, on my coming the next day to spend the evening at Vale Hall.

还坚持要我第二天去溪谷庄度过一个夜晚。

分享到