(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
20 DON'T SIT TOO LONG. The more time you spend sitting,
不要久坐
the more likely you are to develop diabetes or heart disease and die prematurely—and that's especially true if you don't exercise regularly,
你就越有可能患糖尿病或心脏病,越有可能过早死亡-如果你不经常锻炼的话,这一点尤其正确
says Abby King, PhD, a professor of health research and policy at Stanford University School of Medicine.
斯坦福大学医学院健康研究和政策教授艾比·金博士说道
A 2017 study that tracked 7,985 adults over age 45 found that
2017年一项跟踪7985名45岁以上的成年人的研究发现,
those who sat the most had nearly twice the risk of dying over a four-year period compared with those who sat the least.
在四年的时间里,坐得最久的人死亡的风险几乎是坐得最少的人的两倍
Lower your risk by getting up every 30 minutes or so to take a walk.
每隔30分钟左右就起来散散步,可以降低患病风险
"I wear a watch that reminds me to stand up and move at least once an hour," King says.
“我戴的手表提醒我至少每小时要站起来活动一次,”金说
"I'll go get a drink of water or walk around a bit."
“我会去喝点水,或者出去走走
21 FIND LITTLE WAYS TO REV UP YOUR HEART RATE.
找一些小方法来加快你的心率
Take the stairs, park a little farther away, or take a brisk walk at lunch.
走楼梯,把车停远一点,或者在午餐时快走一会儿
Writers of new federal activity guidelines intentionally set no minimum amount of physical activity you should get each day
新联邦运动指南的作者故意不设定你每天应该进行的最低运动量,
because new research shows that just a few minutes here and there pays health dividends,
因为新的研究表明,只要运动几分钟就能带来健康红利,
says King, who was cochair of the 2018 Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee.
2018年体育活动指南咨询委员会的联合主席金说道
"The thinking used to be, Gee, I could walk to the coffee shop, but it's only six minutes, so it won't count," King says.
“过去的想法是,天啊,我可以走到咖啡店,但只有六分钟,所以没用,”金说
"Now I'll take that walk because I know there are immediate benefits in terms of anxiety, mood, and mental sharpness, as well as some longer-term benefits."
“现在我要去散步,因为我知道在焦虑、情绪和大脑敏锐度方面,散步有立竿见影的好处,也有一些长期的好处
In fact, researchers at McMaster University found that just 60 seconds of vigorous stair-climbing boosted cardiovascular fitness.
事实上,麦克马斯特大学的研究人员发现,仅仅60秒的剧烈爬楼梯就能促进心血管健康
重点讲解
1.stand up站住脚
He made wild accusations that did not stand up...
他的指控毫无根据,根本站不住脚
2.at least 至少
This new transformation is at least as consequential as that one was.
这一新的转变至少和那次一样重要
3.in terms of在...方面
Basically I think he would be someone who complemented me in terms of character.
我基本上认为他是在性格上和我互补的人
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载 。