工程师大拇指案(MP3+中英字幕) 第33期:实地调查(3)
日期:2020-01-19 14:12

(单词翻译:单击)

"Oh, we shall soon clear up all that," said Bradstreet.
"哦,我们不久就会把这一切搞清楚的。"布雷兹特里特说。
"Well, I have drawn my circle, and I only wish I knew at what point upon it the folk that we are in search of are to be found."
"瞧,我已经划好这个圆圈,我唯一希望知道的是在哪一点上我们能找到我们要找的那个家伙。"
"I think I could lay my finger on it," said Holmes quietly.
"我想我能指出来。"福尔摩斯平静地说。
"Really, now!" cried the inspector, "you have formed your opinion!
"真的吗?现在!"巡官叫了起来,"您已经做出了判断!
Come, now, we shall see who agrees with you. I say it is south, for the country is more deserted there."
那么好,让我们看看谁和您的看法一致。我说是在南面,因为那一带乡间更为荒凉。"
"And I say east," said my patient.
"我说在东面,"我的病人说。

工程师大拇指案

"I am for west," remarked the plain-clothes man. "There are several quiet little villages up there."
"我说在西面,"那便衣侦探说道,"那一带有好几个非常平静的小村子。""
"And I am for north," said I, "because there are no hills there,
我说在北面,"我说,"因为那一带没有山,
and our friend says that he did not notice the carriage go up any."
而我们的朋友说他注意到马车没有上过坡。"
"Come," cried the inspector, laughing; "it's a very pretty diversity of opinion.
"咳!"巡官笑着喊道,"意见分歧还不小。
We have boxed the compass among us. Who do you give your casting vote to?"
我们兜了一个圈子,您这决定性的一票投给谁呢?"
"You are all wrong." "But we can't all be."
"你们全错了。" "但是我们不可能全错呀!"
"Oh, yes, you can. This is my point."
"哦,是的,你们全错了。你们听听我的观点,"
He placed his finger in the centre of the circle. "This is where we shall find them."
他将手指放在圆圈的中心,"这就是我们会找到他们的地方。"

分享到