工程师大拇指案(MP3+中英字幕) 第30期:被砍掉的大拇指(16)
日期:2020-01-03 11:05

(单词翻译:单击)

"Half dazed, I went into the station and asked about the morning train.
“我昏昏沉沉地走进车站,打听早班火车的时间。
There would be one to Reading in less than an hour.
知道一小时内将有一班开往雷丁的火车。
The same porter was on duty, I found, as had been there when I arrived.
我发现值班的还是我来时就在那儿的那位搬运工。
I inquired of him whether he had ever heard of Colonel Lysander Stark. The name was strange to him.
我询问他是否听说过莱桑德·斯塔克上校这个人,看来他对这个名字很陌生。
Had he observed a carriage the night before waiting for me? No, he had not.
我问他是否注意到昨天晚上等候我的一辆马车,他说没有。

工程师大拇指案

Was there a police-station anywhere near? There was one about three miles off.
问他附近是否有警察局,他说三英里外有一个。
It was too far for me to go, weak and ill as I was.
像我这样,伤疲交加,这段距离对我来说实在是太远了。
I determined to wait until I got back to town before telling my story to the police.
我决定回到城里以后再去报警。
It was a little past six when I arrived, so I went first to have my wound dressed,
回到城里时才六点稍过一点,所以我先去包扎伤口。
and then the doctor was kind enough to bring me along here.
难为这位医生陪送我来到这里,
I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you advise."
我把这个案子托付给您,我将完全按照您的意见办。”

分享到