经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第502期
日期:2019-12-18 10:14

(单词翻译:单击)

My glazed eye wandered over the dim and misty landscape.
我那呆滞的眼睛徘徊在暗沉沉、雾蒙蒙的山水之间。
I saw I had strayed far from the village: it was quite out of sight.
我发现自己已远离村庄,因为它已在我视线中消失。
The very cultivation surrounding it had disappeared.
村子周围的耕地也不见了。
I had, by cross-ways and by-paths, once more drawn near the tract of moorland; and now, only a few fields,
我已经穿小径,抄近路再次靠近了一大片荒原。此刻,在我与黑糊糊的小山之间,只有几小片田野,
almost as wild and unproductive as the heath from which they were scarcely reclaimed, lay between me and the dusky hill.
几乎没有很好开垦,和原来的欧石南差不多一样荒芜和贫瘠。
"Well, I would rather die yonder than in a street or on a frequented road," I reflected.
“是呀,与其倒毙街头或死在人来人往的路上,倒不加死到那边去,”我沉思着。
"And far better that crows and ravens
“让乌鸦和渡鸦,

经典文学《简·爱》

if any ravens there be in these regions -- should pick my flesh from my bones,
要是那些地区有渡鸦的话--啄我骨头上的肉,
than that they should be prisoned in a workhouse coffin and moulder in a pauper's grave."
比装在贫民院的棺材里和穷光蛋的墓穴中要强。”
To the hill, then, I turned. I reached it.
随后我折向那座小山,并到了那里。
It remained now only to find a hollow where I could lie down, and feel at least hidden, if not secure.
现在就只剩找个能躺下来的地方了,就是并不安全,至少也是隐蔽的。
But all the surface of the waste looked level.
可是荒原的表面看上去都一样平坦。
It showed no variation but of tint:
只有色彩上有些差别:
green, where rush and moss overgrew the marshes; black, where the dry soil bore only heath.
灯心草和苔藓茂密生长的湿地呈青色;而只长欧石南的干土壤是黑色的。
Dark as it was getting, I could still see these changes,
虽然夜越来越黑,但我仍能看清这些差别,
though but as mere alternations of light and shade; for colour had faded with the daylight.
尽管它不过是光影的交替,因为颜色已经随日光而褪尽了。

分享到