经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第491期
日期:2019-12-02 10:35

(单词翻译:单击)

Whitcross regained, I followed a road which led from the sun, now fervent and high.
我再次来到惠特克劳斯,这时骄阳高照。
By no other circumstance had I will to decide my choice.
我选了一条背阳的路,我已无心根据其他请况来作出选择了。
I walked a long time, and when I thought I had nearly done enough,
我走了很久,以为自己差不多走得够了,
and might conscientiously yield to the fatigue that almost overpowered me
可以心安理得地向几乎把我压垮的疲劳屈服,
might relax this forced action, and, sitting down on a stone I saw near,
可以放松一下这种强迫的活动了,于是在我附近看到的一块石头上坐了下来,
submit resistlessly to the apathy that clogged heart and limb -- I heard a bell chime -- a church bell.
听任心脏和四肢感到麻木,就在这时我听见钟声响了--教堂的钟声。
I turned in the direction of the sound, and there,
我转向声音传来的方向,在那里,
amongst the romantic hills, whose changes and aspect I had ceased to note an hour ago, I saw a hamlet and a spire.
我一小时之前就已不去注意其变幻和外观富有浪漫色彩的山峦之间,我看到了一个村庄和尖顶。

经典文学《简·爱》

All the valley at my right hand was full of pasture-fields, and cornfields, and wood;
我左侧的山谷满眼都是牧地、玉米地和树林,
and a glittering stream ran zig-zag through the varied shades of green,
一条闪光的小溪弯弯曲曲地流过深浅各异的绿荫,
the mellowing grain, the sombre woodland, the clear and sunny lea.
流过正在成熟的稻谷,暗淡的树林,明净而充满阳光的草地。
Recalled by the rumbling of wheels to the road before me,
前面路上传来了隆隆的车轮声,我回过神来,
I saw a heavily-laden waggon labouring up the hill, and not far beyond were two cows and their drover.
看见一辆重载的大车,吃力地爬上了小山,不远的地方有两头牛和一个牧人。
Human life and human labour were near.
附近就有人在生活和劳作,
I must struggle on: strive to live and bend to toil like the rest.
我得挣扎下去,像别人那样努力去生活和操劳。

分享到