(单词翻译:单击)
This small device can crash a plane, they can't, they can't crash a plane. Guys.
这个小玩意儿也能让飞机坠毁?不能,哪儿能呢 。你们说是吧 。
Anthony here for dNews.
欢迎大家收看dNews,我是安东尼 。
And as much as most people hate the experience of airline flying, I actually love it.
虽然大多数人都讨厌坐飞机,但我还挺喜欢坐飞机的 。
I love packing, I love airports, I love airplanes, I like those little fun sized snack bags.
我喜欢收拾东西,喜欢机场,喜欢飞机,还喜欢那些有趣的袋装小零食 。
There's actually only one part of the experience of flying that really bugs me, this..
事实上,关于坐飞机,只有一点让我觉得头大,就是这个…
“Please completely power off and stow all personal electronic devices…”
“请关闭并收好所有个人电子设备……”
Now, look, it's not that I can't sit calmly for 15 minutes without a screen in my face.
并不是说面前没有个电子设备,我就安安静静地坐15分钟都坐不住 。
Okay, it kind of is. I have some problems.
好吧,差不多是这样 。我是有点儿问题 。
But it's more because the rule just makes no sense!
但我之所以头大更多的是因为这个规则根本就没有任何意义!
You're telling me that the advanced avionics of a commercial airliner are no match for my…Kindle...being turned on?
你跟我说,一架商用客机的先进航空电子设备还干不过……我开着机的Kindle?
The FAA says this about the whole thing.
关于这个问题,联邦航空局是这么说的 。
80% of pilot-caused errors occur during taxiing to the departure runway
飞行员80%的操作失误都发生在往起飞跑道滑行的时候,
and most in-flight accidents happen between the ground and 10,000 feet.
而飞行过程中发生的事故大多都发生在地面到一万英尺(约3048m)的高度 。
Anything that interferes with the instruments on the plane and those crucial times can cause a lot of harm.
任何会干扰到飞机上的仪器或干扰到那些关键时刻的东西都可能造成重大伤害 。
Except they don't follow their own rules.
除非……他们自己都不遵守自己的规则 。
See, pilots used to have to carry around these binders of flight information.
其实,过去飞行员是必须随身携带这些飞行信息的活页夹的 。
But now they keep all that info on iPads.
但现在他们会把所有这些信息都保存在iPad上 。
And those iPads also give them real-time weather and flight path information.
这些iPad还会为他们提供实时天气和飞行路线信息 。
So you can bet that those things are not off during takeoff and landing.
所以,你可以打赌,这些东西在起飞和降落期间都是没有关闭的 。
And it sounds like they're not really on airplane mode either.
而且貌似它们也不是开的飞行模式 。
And if you've ever been on a flight with Wi-Fi, you know that those networks are on through the whole trip too.
如果你还坐过有Wi-Fi的航班,你就会知道那些网络在整个飞行期间都是开着的 。
The FAA says, look, two iPads and a Wi-Fi router, that's just three devices.
联邦航空局解释说,听着,两个ipad和一个Wi-Fi路由器,一共才三个设备 。
200 devices would give off much more energy and that would mess with the plane.
但200个设备会释放出更多的能量,继而扰乱飞机的飞行 。
Except no, because that's not how electromagnetic energy works.
除非……事实并非如此,因为电磁能量的工作原理并不是这样 。
If putting hundreds of mobile devices within close range of one another built up electromagnetic fields like that,
如果把数百个移动设备近距离地放在一起就会形成这样的电磁场的话,
you would need a spacesuit to shield yourself from the dangerous radiation of all the freelancers working in a coffee shop or people texting on the bus,
那你恐怕需要一件宇航服,才能保护自己免受那些在咖啡店工作的自由职业者或在公交车上发短信的人的危险辐射,
which actually doesn't sound like a bad idea to me, but I'm also kind of an antisocial germaphobe.
对我来说,这个主意听着还不赖,加上还是一个反社会的细菌恐惧症患者 。
Okay, says the FAA, how about this one?
好吧,联邦航空局又说,那这样呢?
All devices are different, every model of plane is different, we would have to test every device with every plane to know what's safe.
设备和设备都是不同的,每个型号的飞机也不一样,要想了解怎样才安全,我们就得测试每架飞机,每个电子设备 。
No. See, very few mobile devices are customized internally.
并不 。要知道,很少有移动设备是根据顾客定制其内在属性的 。
You'll find the same few wireless chips in just about every phone on the market and every phone has to operate across the same radio frequencies.
你会发现,市场上几乎每一款手机用的都是同一款无线芯片,而且每一款手机都必须在同样的无线电频率上运行 。
So, when the FAA is pressed about all these technical loopholes,
所以,当联邦航空局被问及这些技术漏洞时,
they finally give answers that make a little bit of sense, making people turn off their devices during takeoff,
他们最终给出了稍微有那么一点点道理的答案:让大家在起飞时关掉他们的设备,
makes them quiet and attentive during safety information
让他们在空乘做安全示范的时候安静下来,认真听,
and keeping people off their mobile phones during flights, stops them from annoying other passengers.
让大家在飞行过程中脱离手机,防止他们打扰到其他乘客 。
Now, that I get.
现在,我明白了 。
But it seems like the rules could be less severe and still accomplish the same thing.
但好像不用规定这么严格,也能达到同样的效果喔 。
How about, hey, no phone calls during the flight and pay attention when we're talking to you.
不如跟大家说,嘿,在飞机上不要打电话,注意听我们说话 。
I can get down with that.
这样说我是可以接受的 。
You know, the FAA has been asked to look into and change these rules by members of the Senate
其实,参议院成员已经要求联邦航空局调查和修改这些规则了,
and they say they're gonna do it, but they haven't given a plan or a timeline for doing so.
他们也说了他们会照做,但他们没有给出具体的计划或时间表 。
I don't know do you think that we should be able to use our devices during takeoff?
不知道大家觉得我们在起飞时可否使用电子设备 。
Am I…am I being petty about this?
我…我是不是有点钻牛角尖了?
Let me know down below and subscribe for more dNews three times a day.
评论留言告诉我吧,记得订阅,我们一天会更三次噢 。