经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第455期
日期:2019-10-12 08:57

(单词翻译:单击)

"'This life,' said I at last, 'is hell: this is the air -- those are the sounds of the bottomless pit!
“‘这种生活,’我终于说,‘是地狱!这就是无底深渊里的空气和声音!
I have a right to deliver myself from it if I can.
要是我能够,我有权解脱自己。
The sufferings of this mortal state will leave me with the heavy flesh that now cumbers my soul.
人世的痛苦连同拖累我灵魂的沉重肉体会离我而去。
Of the fanatic's burning eternity I have no fear:
对狂热者信奉的地狱之火,我并不害怕。
there is not a future state worse than this present one -- let me break away, and go home to God!'"
将来的状况不会比现在的更糟--让我摆脱,回到上帝那儿去吧!’”
"I said this whilst I knelt down at, and unlocked a trunk which contained a brace of loaded pistols:
“我一面说,一面蹲在一只箱子旁边,把锁打开,箱子里放着一对上了子弹的手枪。

经典文学《简·爱》

I mean to shoot myself. I only entertained the intention for a moment;
我想开枪自杀。但这一念头只转了一会儿,
for, not being insane, the crisis of exquisite and unalloyed despair, which had originated the wish and design of self-destruction, was past in a second."
由于我没有发疯,那种激起自杀念头并使我万念俱灰的危机,刹那间过去了。”
"A wind fresh from Europe blew over the ocean and rushed through the open casement:
“刚刚来自欧洲的风吹过洋面,穿过宽敞的窗户。
the storm broke, streamed, thundered, blazed, and the air grew pure.
暴风雨到来了,大雨滂沱,雷鸣电闪,空气变得清新了。
I then framed and fixed a resolution.
随后我设想并下定了决心。
While I walked under the dripping orange-trees of my wet garden,
我在湿漉漉的园子里水珠滴嗒的桔子树下,
and amongst its drenched pomegranates and pine-apples,
在湿透的石榴和菠萝树中间漫步,
and while the refulgent dawn of the tropics kindled round me -- I reasoned thus, Jane
周围燃起了灿烂的热带黎明--于是我思考着,简。
and now listen; for it was true Wisdom that consoled me in that hour, and showed me the right path to follow."
噢,听着,在那一时刻真正的智慧抚慰了我,向我指明了正确的道路。”

分享到
重点单词
  • resolutionn. 决心,决定,坚决,决议,解决,分辨率
  • containedadj. 泰然自若的,从容的;被控制的 v. 包含;遏制
  • bracev. 使防备,支撑,拉紧,使绷紧 n. 支柱,托架,支架
  • fanaticadj. 狂热的,盲信的 n. 狂热,狂热者,盲信
  • exquisiteadj. 精挑细选的,精致的,细腻的,强烈的 n. 过分
  • unalloyedadj. 未掺杂的,纯粹的
  • despairn. 绝望,失望 vi. 失望
  • trunkn. 树干,躯干,干线, 象鼻,(汽车后部)行李箱 (复
  • refulgentadj. 辉煌的,灿烂的
  • drenchedadj. 湿透的 动词drench的过去式和过去分词形式