哈佛大学公开课《幸福课》(视频+MP3+双语字幕):第493期
日期:2019-08-13 14:50

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Ali Crum was my student for, since her freshman year.
阿里·克拉姆从大一起就是我的学生
I was her TF when I taught with Phil Stone.
我是她的助教,那时我和菲尔·斯通一起教学
And then I was her thesis advisor with Ellen Langer.
然后我和艾伦·兰格是她的毕业论文导师
And this was the topic of her thesis.
这是她的毕业论文题目
When Ellen Langer came up with the idea for the thesis,
当艾伦·兰格提出这个想法时
and she told Ali and me this is what I think would be a very interesting study,
她告诉我和阿里,我觉得这会是个有趣的研究
I took Ellen aside after the study, after the meeting, after Ali went away.
我在会后把艾伦叫到一边,在阿里走了之后
And I told her, you know, Ellen I don't think it's fair.
我跟她说,艾伦我觉得这样不公平
I don't it's fair that Ali will do her thesis on it.
我觉得让阿里用这个做毕业论文不太公平
View8

Because the thesis is a very tough experiment, you'll hear about it if you haven't read about it in a minute.
因为这是个非常困难的实验,如果你们没看过的话,一会儿就会听到了
If we take a lot of time from her, she's not going to get any results.
就算我们花费她大量的时间,她也不会有任何成果
Now you can write your senior thesis with getting no result, without getting a result, that's OK.
现在你们的毕业论文可以没有结果,没有成果也没关系
But I said, "why waste her time, her senior year
但我说,干嘛浪费她的时间呢
And she said to me, will work. I said to her, no it won't. And boy, did it work!
她跟我说会有结果的。我说不会的。而最后真的有结果
Now I've learned since not to argue with Ellen Langer, because she has ideas that you would never think would work,
我从那时起就学会了不和艾伦·兰格争辩,因为她总有你觉得不可能有结果的想法
but they do like the study we mentioned with the 1979, I'm going back to 1959
但他们确实很喜欢我们1979年的,回到1959实验
or with the eye test, being simply in the flying simulator improves your eyesight.
或是那个视力测试,只是飞行模拟器提升了你的视力
Again, ideas that seem fantastic, but she proves them right. So the same happened here with this study.
就是这些看起来很无厘头的想法,她证明它们是正确的。这个研究也是如此
The study was Ali went to hotels and worked with the ladies who were cleaning the hotels.
这个实验是阿里去到酒店和酒店的清洁工一起工作

课程简介和演讲视频

课程简介:

我们来到这个世上,到底追求什么才是最重要的?他坚定地认为:幸福感是衡量人生的唯一标准,是所有目标的最终目标。塔尔博士在哈佛学生中享有很高的声誉,受到学生们的爱戴与敬仰,被誉为"最受欢迎讲师"和"人生导师"。


分享到