跟孟叔一起朗读英语美文(MP3+文本)第108期:说话的人很多,倾听的人很少
日期:2019-07-24 17:05

(单词翻译:单击)

A person has two ears but only one mouth.
一个人有两只耳朵,但只有一张嘴巴。

That's because we are meant to listen, not to just speak.
这是因为我们天生就是要去倾听的,而不光是去说。

People talk too much. Everybody wants others to listen to them but forget to listen to others.
人们讲的话实在太多了。每个人都希望别人听他们讲,却忘了去倾听别人。

That's why we are not really communicating as much as we think we are.
这就是为什么我们的交流实际上没有我们以为的那么多。

I used to wonder why nobody pay any attention to what I say.
我以前一直不解,为什么没有人在乎我讲了什么。

There are things that I want to express.
我有自己想要表达的东西。

There are feelings that I want others to know that I have.
我有自己的情愫,而且我想让别人知道。

The fact that nobody actually listen to me really made me feel sad.
然而没有人真的在听我说,这真的让我很伤心。
说话的人很多,倾听的人很少.jpg

But latter I found out that I had been doing exactly the same thing.
但后来,我发现我自己其实在做一样的事情。

I kept talking never really listened to anybody.
我一直在说话,但却没有倾听过任何人。

So I tried to make myself a listener.
于是,我试着让自己变成一个倾听者。

And I gradually found out how ignorant I had been towards the people that I know.
然后我才逐渐发现,我对身边这些人真的知之甚少。

Now I've listened to them. I've known what they actually said. I've known why they said them. And I've become a better person myself.
现在,我倾听过他们了。我知道了他们都讲了什么。我也理解了他们为什么要说这些。而我,也变成了更好的自己。

Change. Be a listener. And the world will change for you in return.
所以,改变吧。做个倾听者。你会发现,这个世界倒头来也会为你而改变。

微信公众号:英语美文朗读 孟叔的微博:孟飞Phoenix 孟叔的抖音:184302945

分享到