经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第411期
日期:2019-07-16 11:18

(单词翻译:单击)

He took me into the dining-room, surveyed me keenly all over,
他带我进了餐室,急切地把我从头到脚打量了一遍,
pronounced me "fair as a lily, and not only the pride of his life, but the desire of his eyes,"
声称我“像百合花那么美丽,不仅是他生活中的骄傲,而且也让他大饱眼福。”
and then telling me he would give me but ten minutes to eat some breakfast, he rang the bell.
随后他告诉我只给我十分钟吃早饭,并按了按铃。
One of his lately hired servants, a footman, answered it.
他新近雇用的一个仆人,一位管家应召而来。
"Is John getting the carriage ready?" "Yes, sir."
“约翰把马车准备好了吗?” “好了,先生。”
"Is the luggage brought down?"
“行李拿下去了吗?”
"They are bringing it down, sir."
“他们现在正往下拿呢,先生。”

经典文学《简·爱》

"Go you to the church: see if Mr. Wood (the clergyman) and the clerk are there: return and tell me."
“上教堂去一下,看看沃德先生(牧师)和执事在不在那里。回来告诉我。”
The church, as the reader knows, was but just beyond the gates; the footman soon returned.
读者知道,大门那边就是教堂,所以管家很快就回来了。
"Mr. Wood is in the vestry, sir, putting on his surplice."
“沃德先生在法衣室里,先生,正忙着穿法衣呢。”
"And the carriage?" "The horses are harnessing."
“马车呢?”“马匹正在上挽具。”
"We shall not want it to go to church; but it must be ready the moment we return:
“我们上教堂不用马车,但回来时得准备停当。
all the boxes and luggage arranged and strapped on, and the coachman in his seat."
所有的箱子和行李都要装好捆好,车夫要在自己位置上坐好。”
"Yes, sir." "Jane, are you ready?"
“是,先生。”“简,你准备好了吗?”

分享到
重点单词
  • luggagen. 行李
  • priden. 自豪,骄傲,引以自豪的东西,自尊心 vt. 以 .
  • lilyadj. 纯白的 n. 百合花
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • pronouncedadj. 显著的,断然的,明确的 pronounce的过
  • keenlyadv. 敏锐地;锐利地;强烈地