太阳能的美丽未来
日期:2019-06-25 15:55

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Last summer, I was hiking through the Austrian mountains.
去年夏天,我在奥地利山间徒步旅行。
And there, on top, I saw this beautiful, stone, remote hut, and it had solar panels on it.
在山顶我看到了这个漂亮的石头山屋,屋顶上还装了太阳能板。
And every time I see solar panels, I get very enthusiastic.
每一次我看到太阳能板都很兴奋。
It's this technology that takes sunlight, which is free and available, and turns that into electricity.
因为这个科技将免费丰沛的太阳光转化成电力。
So this hut, in the middle of nowhere, on a beautiful location, was self-sufficient.
小屋所在的地点很漂亮也很偏僻,可是却因此而自给自足。
But why do solar panels always have to be so ugly?
可是为什么太阳能板老是这么丑啊?
My name is Marjan Van Aubel and I'm a solar designer.
我是玛尔洋·范·奥贝,我是太阳能设计师。
I work in the triangle of design, sustainability and technology.
我的工作包含了三个面向:设计、永续及科技。
I strive for extreme efficiency, meaning that I develop materials that expand in size
我追求卓越效能,我开发有弹性能展延面积的新材料,
or work with solar cells that use the properties of colors to generate electricity.
同时工作上也运用那些带有颜色特质来发电的太阳能电池。
My work is in museums all over the world, such as MoMA.
世界各地的美术馆都有我的作品,像纽约现代艺术博物馆。
And, I mean, it all went quite well, but it always felt that something was missing.
一切都进行得很顺利,可是感觉好像少了点什么。
And it was, until I read the book called the "Solar Revolution,"
直到我读了《太阳能革命》这本书,
where it says that within one hour we receive enough sunlight to provide the world with enough electricity for an entire year.
它提到我们在一个小时内接收到的阳光就足够转换成全球一年所需的发电量。
One hour. And since then, I realized I just want to focus on solar.
一个小时。就在那时我决定把重心放在太阳能上。
Scientists all over the world have been focusing on making solar panels more efficient and cheaper.
全球各地的科学家们致力于提高太阳能板的效能,以及降低它的成本。
So the price of solar has dropped enormously. And this is because China started producing them on a large scale.
所以太阳能的价格已经大幅下降。这是因为中国大规模投入生产。
And also their efficiency has increased a lot. They now even have an efficiency of 44.5 percent.
以及太阳能板的效能大幅提升。目前效能已经高达44.5%。
But if you think about the image of solar cells, it's kind of stayed the same for the last 60 years.
可是当你想到太阳能电池,60年来它好像没甚么改变。
It's still this technology just stacked onto something.
一样是装置在某件东西上的科技。
And solar cells need to be much better integrated into our environment.
它应该要与环境融合得更好。
Climate change is the biggest problem of our time.
气候变迁是这个时代最大的问题。
And we can't rely on the others -- the government, the engineers -- to make positive changes.
而我们不能倚赖他人--政府、研究人员--去做积极的改变。
We all can contribute towards change.
所有人都可以为了改变作出贡献。
Like I said, I'm a designer and I would like to change things through design.
以我来说,我是设计师,所以我用设计来改变事物。
Let me give you some examples of my work.
让我给你们几个例子。
I'm collaborating with Swarovski, the crystal company.
我和施华洛世奇水晶公司合作。
And if you cut crystals in a certain way, you are able to bend and direct the light onto a certain place.
如果你以某种方式切割水晶,你就能将光折射到某个特定位置。
So I use these crystals to focus the light onto a solar panel, making them more efficient, but using aesthetics.
我用水晶将光投射到一个太阳能板上,提高了效率,同时兼具美感。
So you take the solar crystal with you in the light, there's a battery in the solar cell,
这个太阳能水晶白天时采集阳光,之后它里面的活动式电池
you put it in a docking station and you are able to power these chandeliers.
可以取出放入室内的充电座里,用来启动这些室内的吊灯。
So you're literally bringing the light indoors.
就像把室外的自然光搬进室内。
I got completely hooked on solar when I came across this technology called dye-sensitized solar cells,
我完全迷上太阳能是因为“染料敏化太阳能电池”这个技术,
colored solar cells, and they are based on photosynthesis in plants.
染色的太阳能电池,运用植物的光合作用原理。
Where the green chlorophyl converts light into sugar for plants, these cells convert light into electricity.
植物中的绿色叶绿素将太阳光转化成植物所需的糖,这些太阳能电池将光转换成电力。
The best thing is, they even work indoors.
最好的一点是,它们在室内也可用。
So different colors have different efficiency, depending on their place on the color spectrum.
所以每个颜色有它不同的效率,取决于它在色谱上的位置。
So, for example, red is more efficient than blue.
举例来说,红色比蓝色的效能高。
So if I hear this as a designer:
所以身为设计师的我听到:
a colored surface, a glass colored surface, color that's mostly just used for esthetics,
有染色的物体表面,像是彩色玻璃,以前染上颜色只是为了美观,
now gets an extra function and is able to harvest electricity, I think, where can we apply this, then?
可现在可以多个新功能,采集电力,我就想,嗯,这个可以运用在哪呢?
This is Current Table, where the whole tabletop consists of these colored solar cells.
这是Current桌,整个桌面由染料敏化太阳能电池构成。
There are batteries in the legs where you can charge your phone through USB ports.
桌腿内含有电池有USB插槽可让你的手机充电。

太阳能的美丽未来

And in my work, it's always very important, the balance between efficiency and aesthetics.
在我的工作中有一点很重要的是实用性与美感的平衡。
So that's why the table is orange, because it is a very stable color for indoors.
那也正是这桌子用橘色的原因,因为橘色对室内是一个很稳定的颜色。
And this is always the most asked question I get: "OK, great, but how many phones can I charge from this, then?"
我最常被问到的问题是:“OK,太好了,那我一次可以充几支手机呢?”
And before I go to this complicated answer of like,
以前我的回复有点复杂,
"Well, where is the table, does it have enough light, is it next to a window?"
“那得看桌子是否有足够的光源,是否摆在窗户旁边?”
The table now has sensors that read the light intensity of the room.
现在它具备了一个传感器,可以读取室内光线的强弱度。
So through an app we developed you can literally follow how much light it's getting, and how full the battery is.
透过我们发展的一个应用程序你可看到这个桌子接收多少光源,及它的电池有多少电力。
I'm actually proud, because yesterday we installed a table at Stichting Doen's offices in Amsterdam and,
我觉得很自豪,因为昨天我们才在阿姆斯特丹的DOEN基金会组装了一张桌子,
right at this moment, our Queen Maxima is charging a phone from this table. It's cool.
此时此刻,我们的麦西玛王后正在用这张桌子帮她的手机充电。多酷啊。
So the more surface you have, the more energy you can harvest.
所以表面积越大,收获的电力也越多。
These are Current Windows, where we replaced all windows in a gallery in London, in Soho,
这是Current窗,装在伦敦苏活区的一间画廊里,
with this modern version of stained glass.
传统窗户被我们改装成新式的染色玻璃。
So people from the street could come and charge their phones through the window ledges.
街上的行人随时可以进来在窗台上为手机充电。
So I'm giving extra functions to objects.
这是我提供给对象的额外功能。
A window doesn't have to be just a window anymore.
窗户可以不再只是一个窗户。
It can also function as a little power station.
它同时也可以是一个小型发电站。
So, here I am, talking about how much I love solar, but I don't have solar panels on my roof.
我在这里述说我如何热爱太阳能,可我住所的屋顶上却没有太阳能板。
I live in the center of Amsterdam, I don't own the house and it's a monument, so it's not possible and not allowed.
我住在阿姆斯特丹的市中心,房子不是我的,而且因为它是古迹,因此不可能也不允许加装太阳能板。
So how can you make solar cells more accessible and for everyone,
要如何让太阳能电力普及到每一个人,
and not only for the people that can afford a sustainable lifestyle?
而不是限制在少数有能力消费永续生活方式的人呢?
We now have the opportunity to integrate solar on the place where we directly need it.
我们现在有个机会把太阳能与直接需要电力的地方整合起来。
And there are so many amazing technologies out there.
现在也有好多惊人的技术供我们使用。
If I look around now, I see every surface as an opportunity.
周遭每个表面都是运用的机会。
For example, I was driving in the train through the Westland, the area in the Netherlands with all the greenhouses.
例如,我搭火车经过西边的威斯兰,荷兰所有的温室都在那里。
There I saw all this glass and thought, what if we integrate those with transparent solar glass?
我看到那么多玻璃我就想,能否将它们升级成透明的太阳能玻璃?
What if we integrate traditional farming that requires a lot of energy together with high-tech and combine those?
是否能将那些需要很多能源的传统农业升级,用高科技与太阳能玻璃整合?
With this idea in mind, I created Power Plant.
这个想法引我做出“PowerPlant”。
I had a team of architects and engineers, but let me first explain how it works.
我有一个建筑师及工程师的团队,不过首先让我说明它的原理。
We use transparent solar glass to power its indoor climate.
我们使用透明的太阳能玻璃提供室内气候所需的能源。
We use hydroponics that pumps around nutrified water, saving 90 percent of water usage.
我们用含有养分的水做水耕栽培,节省了90%的用水。
By stacking up in layers, you are able to grow more yield per square meter.
用层迭的方式,每一平方公尺可以种植更多的植物。
Extra light, besides sunlight, coming from these colored LED lights also enhances plant growth.
除了阳光,还有这些彩色LED灯产出的额外光线帮助植物成长。
As more and more people will live in big cities,
越来越多人居住在大城市内,
by placing Power Plants on the rooftops you don't have to fly it in from the other side of the world,
通过在屋顶上安装PowerPlant温室,我们就不需要从地球另一端进口,
you are able to grow it on the location itself.
我们可以就地种植生产。
Well, the big dream is to build these in off-grid places
最大的梦想是将这些温室盖在离网地区
where there's no access to water, electricity -- as an independent ecosystem.
那些没有水没有电的地方,作为一个完全独立的生态系统。
For this year's Design Biennial, I created the first four-meter high model of the power plant,
所以为了今年的设计双年展,我做了一个四公尺高的模型,
so you could come in and experience how plants grow.
让人可以走进去体验植物如何生长。
So it's a double harvest of sunlight, so both for the solar cells and for the plants.
所以收集到的阳光有了双倍的运用,将太阳能电池充电,也培养了植物。
It's like a future botanical garden, where we celebrate all these modern technologies.
这有点像是未来的植物园,在其中运用到所有最新的科技。
And the biggest compliment I got was, "But where are the solar panels?"
我得到最大的赞赏是当人们问我:“太阳能板在哪里?”
And that's when I think design really works, when it becomes invisible and you don't notice it.
那证明我的设计成功了,因为我让它隐形了,完全看不到。
I believe in solar democracy: solar energy for everyone, everywhere.
我相信太阳能民主:太阳能应该是不分国界不分种族的。
My aim is to make all surfaces productive.
我的目标是让所有东西的表面积都能有所用。
I want to build houses where all the windows, curtains, walls, even floors are harvesting electricity.
我想建造一种房子,里面的窗户、窗帘、墙壁,甚至地板都能用来收集电力。
Think about this on a big scale: in cities, there are so many surfaces. The sun is still available for everyone.
想象这个目标再放大一点:城市里可利用的表面积到处都是。太阳仍在普照着所有人。
And by integrating solar on the place where we need it,
借着将太阳能整合到需要电力的地方,
we now have the opportunity to make solar cells accessible for everyone.
我们有机会将太阳能电池普及到每个需要的人。
I want to bring solar close to the people with you, but beautiful and well designed. Thank you.
我想将太阳能以美丽与实用兼具的方式呈现给所有的人。谢谢。

分享到
重点单词
  • combinev. 结合,联合,使结合 n. 集团,联合企业,联合收割
  • currentn. (水、气、电)流,趋势 adj. 流通的,现在的,
  • complimentn. 称赞,恭维,(复数)致意 vt. 称赞,恭维
  • revolutionn. 革命,旋转,转数
  • remoteadj. 偏僻的,遥远的,远程的,(感情等)距离很大 n
  • photosynthesisn. 光合作用
  • strivevi. 奋斗,努力,力求
  • invisibleadj. 看不见的,无形的 n. 隐形人(或物品)
  • enormouslyadv. 巨大地,庞大地;非常地,在极大程度上
  • efficiencyn. 效率,功率