(单词翻译:单击)
Look at how many mainstream news segments included clips from Fox.
看看有多少主流新闻用了福克斯的片段 。
How do you think this controversy is playing out among Democrats?
民主党人对这一争议是什么反应?
The hack gap is a nightmare in a normal year, but it's especially bad during election season.
正常情况下媒体缺口就已经是一场噩梦了,碰上大选就更加糟糕了 。
In 2016, a lot of journalists realized that the Clinton email server was not the national crisis Fox was making it out to be.
2016年,许多记者都意识到,克林顿的电子邮件服务器问题并非福克斯新闻描述的那种危害到了整个国家的问题 。
Could this new development put her behind bars?
这一新情况能否将她送入监狱呢?
You've got destruction of evidence. You've got obstruction of justice.
销毁证据之举,妨碍司法公正之举 。
There's three specific laws that we found. There's at least seven that I've found.
我们找到了三条相关的法律规定 。我找到了起码七条 。
Lock her up! Yes, lock her up.
把她关起来!是的,就应该把她关起来 。
Ah, that pleases me.
啊,那也太爽了 。
But because Fox viewers became fixated on Hillary's emails, Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up!
但因为福克斯的观众揪着希拉里邮件一案不放,把她关起来!关起来!关起来!关起来!
the story became newsworthy.
这个故事就有了新闻价值 。
I remember talking to somebody who was a high-ranking official in a major newspaper
记得我曾经跟某大型新闻媒体的一位高管聊过这事儿,
and I was asking him, why did you guys have so much emails coverage?
我当时问他,你们为什么那么重视报道邮件泄露的这个事情啊?
And he said, “Well, you know, I think that the emails story spoke to some of the electorate's fundamental doubts about Hillary Clinton.
他说,“嗯,我觉得邮件相关的故事说明某些选民对希拉里产生了根本性的疑惑 。
Benghazi, her private email server.
班加西领事馆遇袭事件,她的私人电子邮件服务器 。
It's all part of the same narrative and why many voters don't trust her.
本质上都一样,这些问题也是许多选民不信任她的原因 。
Okay, fair enough. But where did these doubts come from?
好的,很好 。那大家对她的不信任又是怎么来的呢?
They came from Fox News; they came from conservative talk radio.
是看福克斯新闻,看保守党的谈话节目看出来的 。
The American public know they can't trust her. Can't trust her. We can't trust her.
美国公众知道他们不能信任她 。不能信任她 。我们不能相信她 。
So you put this stuff out this email server. Then it becomes a true fact.
于是,把这事儿跟邮件服务器的事一搅和,就成了真人真事了 。
Many people were worried about this email server. And then that becomes a controversy that you cover.
很多人都很担心这次的邮件服务器泄露一事,然后这个问题就成了你们报道的争议话题 。
Years later, when it turns out that the Trump White House is also using unsecured communication lines,
几年后,大家发现特朗普政府也在使用不安全通讯线路时,
it doesn't spark the same months-long crisis that Hillary's emails did,
结果并没有像希拉里邮件事件那样引发长达数月的危机,
because there's no left-wing propaganda machine baiting journalists into overreacting.
因为左翼没有福克斯新闻这种诱使记者做出过度反应的宣传机器 。
It's not that there's nothing to these stories.
我并不是说那些事情就不重要 。
Clinton's email server was a mistake.
克林顿的电子邮件服务器泄露确实是个错误 。
Benghazi was a mess.
班加西事件也确实造成了混乱 。
Omar could have said the word terrorists more, I guess? Oh, god, it's in my ear now.
奥马尔也确实应该多提一提恐怖分子这个词……的吧?天呐,我耳朵又流血了 。
It's that they get blown way out of proportion by a propaganda machine that's trying to score political points.
只是,这些事情都被夸大地太变形了,被那些企图在政治上加分的宣传机器夸大,
And by mainstream journalists who are too afraid of looking biased against conservatives to call bullshit.
也被那些太怕表现得对保守派存在偏见而不敢说那个宣传机器是在胡说八道的主流媒体夸大了 。
And the weird genius of the hack gap is that if you're not watching Fox News, you won't even notice it.
而媒体缺口的神奇之处在于,如果你不看福克斯新闻,你甚至都压根儿不会注意到这一点 。
Because it doesn't look like Fox & Friends or Hannity.
因为那些节目看起来既不像《福克斯与朋友们》,也不像《汉尼提与考姆斯》 。
It looks like serious journalists covering a serious controversy that they've decided is important.
而像是严肃的记者在报道一场他们认为很重要的重大争议 。
But they aren't deciding.
但决定权其实并不在他们手上 。
They're reacting to a political operation that was created to get you to pay attention.
他们只是在回应一项旨在引起你注意的政治行动 。
You can try to ignore Fox News all you want.
你可以试着不去看《福克斯新闻》 。
But as long as journalists are getting their story assignments from conservative media, you can't escape it.
但只要记者们还在从保守派的媒体手里拿故事素材,你就免不了还会看到它 。