经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第335期
日期:2019-02-26 08:31

(单词翻译:单击)

"It is a long way off, sir."
“离这儿很远呢,先生。”
"No matter -- a girl of your sense will not object to the voyage or the distance."
“没有关系--像你这样一个通情达理的姑娘是不会反对航程或距离的。”
"Not the voyage, but the distance: and then the sea is a barrier..."
“不是航程,而是距离。还有大海是一大障碍...”
"From what, Jane?"
“离开什么地方,简?”
"From England and from Thornfield: and..." "Well?" "From you, sir."
“离开英格兰和桑菲尔德,还有...”“怎么?”“离开你,先生。”
I said this almost involuntarily, and, with as little sanction of free will, my tears gushed out.
我几乎不知不觉中说了这话,眼泪不由自主夺眶而出。

经典文学《简·爱》

I did not cry so as to be heard, however; I avoided sobbing.
但我没有哭出声来,我也避免抽泣。
The thought of Mrs. O'Gall and Bitternutt Lodge struck cold to my heart;
一想起奥加尔太太和苦果村,我的心就凉了半截;
and colder the thought of all the brine and foam, destined, as it seemed, to rush between me and the master at whose side I now walked,
一想起在我与此刻同我并肩而行的主人之间,注定要翻腾着大海和波涛,我的心就更凉了;
and coldest the remembrance of the wider ocean -- wealth, caste, custom intervened between me and what I naturally and inevitably loved.
而一记起在我同我自然和必然所爱的东西之间,横亘着财富、阶层和习俗的辽阔海洋,我的心凉透了。

分享到