经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第324期
日期:2019-02-13 14:15

(单词翻译:单击)

Mr. Rochester had sometimes read my unspoken thoughts with an acumen to me incomprehensible:
罗切斯特先生有时有一种我所无法理解的敏锐,能看透我没有表露的思想,
in the present instance he took no notice of my abrupt vocal response;
眼下他没有理会我唐突的口头回答,
but he smiled at me with a certain smile he had of his own, and which he used but on rare occasions.
却以他特有而少见的笑容,朝我笑笑。
He seemed to think it too good for common purposes:
他似乎认为这种笑容太美妙,犯不着用于一般的目的:
it was the real sunshine of feeling -- he shed it over me now.
这确实是情感的阳光--此刻他将它撒遍我周身。
"Pass, Janet," said he, making room for me to cross the stile:
“走过去吧,珍妮特,”他说着空出地方来让我跨过台阶。
"go up home, and stay your weary little wandering feet at a friend's threshold."
“回家去,在朋友的门槛里,歇歇你那双奔波不定、疲倦了的小脚吧。”
All I had now to do was to obey him in silence: no need for me to colloquise further.
现在我该做的不过是默默地听从他罢了,没有必要再作口头交谈。
I got over the stile without a word, and meant to leave him calmly.
我二话没说跨过石阶,打算平静地离开他。

经典文学《简·爱》

An impulse held me fast -- a force turned me round.
但是一种冲动攫住了我--一种力量使我回过头来。
I said -- or something in me said for me, and in spite of me:
我说--或是内心的某种东西不由自主地替我说了:
"Thank you, Mr. Rochester, for your great kindness.
“罗切斯特先生,谢谢你的关怀。
I am strangely glad to get back again to you: and wherever you are is my home -- my only home."
回到你身边,我感到出奇地高兴:你在哪儿,那儿就是我的家--我唯一的家。”
I walked on so fast that even he could hardly have overtaken me had he tried.
我走得那么快,甚至就是他要追赶也追赶不上。
Little Adèle was half wild with delight when she saw me.
小阿黛勒一见我乐得差点儿疯了。
Mrs. Fairfax received me with her usual plain friendliness.
费尔法克斯太太照例以一种朴实的友情接待了我。
Leah smiled, and even Sophie bid me "bon soir" with glee.
莉娅朝我笑笑,甚至连索菲娅也愉快地对我说了声“bon soir”。
This was very pleasant;
我感到非常愉快。
there is no happiness like that of being loved by your fellow-creatures, and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort.
你为自己的同类所爱,并感觉到自己的存在为他们增添了快慰时,你的幸福是无与伦比的。

分享到
重点单词
  • impulsen. 冲动,驱动力,倾向,心血来潮 vt. 推动
  • vocaladj. 声音的,口述的,歌唱的 n. 元音,声乐作品
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • additionn. 增加,附加物,加法
  • friendlinessn. 亲切;友谊;亲密
  • shedn. 车棚,小屋,脱落物 vt. 使 ... 流出,散发
  • silencen. 沉默,寂静 vt. 使安静,使沉默
  • responsen. 回答,响应,反应,答复 n. [宗]答复语,
  • plainn. 平原,草原 adj. 清楚的,坦白的,简单的,平坦
  • comfortn. 舒适,安逸,安慰,慰藉 vt. 安慰,使舒适