蓝宝石案(MP3+中英字幕) 第23期:追踪大鹅的来历(3)
日期:2019-02-12 11:35

(单词翻译:单击)

We passed across Holborn, down Endell Street, and so through a zigzag of slums to Covent Garden Market.
我们穿过霍尔伯恩街,折入恩德尔街,接着又走过道路曲折的平民区来到了考文特园市场。
One of the largest stalls bore the name of Breckinridge upon it,
在一些大货摊中有一个货摊的招牌上写着布莱肯里奇的名字,
and the proprietor, a horsy-looking man, with a sharp face and trim side-whiskers, was helping a boy to put up the shutters.
店主是个长脸的人,脸部瘦削,留着整齐的络腮胡子,这时候,他正在帮着一个小伙计收摊。
"Good-evening. It's a cold night," said Holmes.
"晚安,多么冷的夜晚哪!"福尔摩斯说。
The salesman nodded and shot a questioning glance at my companion.
店主人点了点头,用怀疑的眼光打量了一下我的同伴。
"Sold out of geese, I see," continued Holmes, pointing at the bare slabs of marble.
"看光景鹅都卖完了。"福尔摩斯手指着空荡荡的大理石柜台接着说。

福尔摩斯探案集 蓝宝石案

"Let you have five hundred to-morrow morning." "That's no good."
"明天早晨,我可以卖给你五百只鹅。" "那没有用。"
"Well, there are some on the stall with the gas-flare."
"好吧,煤气灯亮着的那个货摊上还有几只。"
"Ah, but I was recommended to you." "Who by?"
"噢,可是我是人家介绍到你这儿来的。""谁介绍的?"
"The landlord of the Alpha." "Oh, yes; I sent him a couple of dozen."
"阿尔法酒店的老板。""噢,是的;我给他送去了二十四只。"
"Fine birds they were, too. Now where did you get them from?"
"那些鹅可真是不错啊。那么,你是从哪儿弄来的呢?"
To my surprise the question provoked a burst of anger from the salesman.
使我感到吃惊的是这个问题竟然惹得店主勃然大怒。

分享到