(单词翻译:单击)
"I also came by because I was wondering...." she began to say.
“我也来了,因为我想知道....”她开始说 。
She didn't get a chance to finish. There was a knock on the door.
她没有机会完成 。有人敲门 。
I opened the door. It was Sydney, my best friend.
我打开门,是西德尼,我最好的朋友 。
"I wanted to see if you wanted to...." she began to say as she walked into the house.
“我想知道你是否想....”她走进房子开始说 。
She stopped when she saw Jennifer. She stared at her and Jennifer stared back.
她一看见詹妮弗就停了下来 。她看着詹妮弗,詹妮弗也盯着她 。
"Um...Jennifer Brody, this is Sydney Morita. Sydney, this is Jennifer," I said.
“嗯……詹妮弗·布罗迪,这位是西德尼·森田 。西德尼,我是詹妮弗,”我说 。
"It's nice to meet you," Jennifer said.
“很高兴见到你,”詹妮弗说 。
"You, too," Sandy said, coldly.
“我也是,”西德尼冷冷地说 。
Jennifer got up as if to go. "I'm sorry. I should be leaving."
詹妮弗站起身来似乎要走 。“很抱歉,我该走了 。”
"No, don't go," I said. I looked over at Sydney and she gave me a dirty look.
“不,别走,”我说 。我看着西德尼,西德尼恶狠狠地看了我一眼 。
I didn't understand it. They didn't even know each other,
我不明白,他们甚至不认识对方,
but they were behaving as if they didn't like each other at all.
但他们表现得好像根本不喜欢对方似的 。
Just then, Uncle Jeff walked in the door. He must have sensed the tense feeling in the air.
正在这时,杰夫叔叔走进了门 。他一定感觉到了空气中弥漫的紧张气氛 。
"I hope I'm not interrupting anything," he said, walking toward his office.
“我希望我没有打扰你,”他说着朝办公室走去 。
He looked like he was trying to get out of the room as fast as he could.
杰夫叔叔看起来像是在试图尽快离开房间 。