蓝宝石案(MP3+中英字幕) 第14期:蓝宝石现身(4)
日期:2019-01-07 11:28

(单词翻译:单击)

"Hum! So much for the police-court," said Holmes thoughtfully, tossing aside the paper.
"哼!警察局和法庭所提供的情况也就这么多了,"福尔摩斯若有所思地说着,顺手把报纸扔到一边。
"The question for us now to solve
"我们现在要解决的问题是,
is the sequence of events leading from a rifled jewel-case at one end to the crop of a goose in Tottenham Court Road at the other.
把从被盗的首饰匣为起点到托特纳姆法院路拾到的那只鹅的嗦囊为终点的一系列事件按顺序理清楚。
You see, Watson, our little deductions have suddenly assumed a much more important and less innocent aspect.
你知道吗,华生,我们的小小推论已经很快地表现为严重性大为增加,而无罪的可能性大为减少这方面了。
Here is the stone; the stone came from the goose, and the goose came from Mr. Henry Baker,
这就是那颗宝石,那颗宝石来自那只鹅,那只鹅来自亨利·贝克先生,
the gentleman with the bad hat and all the other characteristics with which I have bored you.
关于这位先生的破帽子以及所有其它的特征的分析我已向你提供了。

福尔摩斯探案集 蓝宝石案

So now we must set ourselves very seriously to finding this gentleman and ascertaining what part he has played in this little mystery.
因此现在我们要认真地找到这位先生,并且弄清楚他在这小小的神秘事件中扮演的是什么样的角色。
To do this, we must try the simplest means first, and these lie undoubtedly in an advertisement in all the evening papers.
要做到这一点,我们开始必须使用最简单的方法,这方法无庸置疑地是在所有晚报上刊登一则启事。
If this fail, I shall have recourse to other methods."
如果这种方法不成功,那么我将不得不借助于其它的方法了。"
"What will you say?"
"启事说什么呢?"
"Give me a pencil and that slip of paper.
"给我一枝铅笔和一张纸。
Now, then: 'Found at the corner of Goodge Street, a goose and a black felt hat.
好,下面就是我要说的:'兹于古治街拐角拣到鹅一只和黑毡帽一顶。
Mr. Henry Baker can have the same by applying at 6:30 this evening at 221B, Baker Street.' That is clear and concise."
亨利·贝克先生请于晚六点半到贝克街221号乙询问,即可领回原物。'这样写既简单又明了。"
"Very. But will he see it?"
"对。可是他会看到这个启事吗?"

分享到
重点单词
  • slipv. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱 n. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,失
  • solvev. 解决,解答
  • conciseadj. 简明的,简要的
  • innocentadj. 清白的,无辜的,无害的,天真纯洁的,无知的
  • sequencen. 顺序,连续,次序,序列,一系列 vt. 按顺序排好
  • humn. 嗡嗡声,哼声,杂声 vi. 发低哼声,哼(曲子),
  • recoursen. 依赖,求助,追索权
  • assumedadj. 假装的;假定的
  • mysteryn. 神秘,秘密,奥秘,神秘的人或事物
  • characteristicsn. 特性,特征;特质;特色(characteristi