(单词翻译:单击)
She was in the psychology office yesterday afternoon.
昨天下午她在心理系办公室 。
We only have her word that she left at 2:30. She may have stayed and met up with the dean.
我们从她口中得知,她在2:30离开,有可能她留下来见过院长 。
That's a motive and an opportunity."
有动机,也有机会 。”
I shook my head, but I knew he was right. It was possible, just possible that Jennifer was the murderer, but I refused to believe it.
我摇摇头,但我知道他说的是对的,这是有可能的,但我只是不相信詹妮弗有可能是凶手 。
"Then there's Clara Dunn," he said.
“还有克拉拉·邓恩,”杰夫叔叔说 。
"She had a strong motive. She hated Alan Maurie. He got the job she wanted very badly and he was trying to get her fired.
“她有充分的动机,她恨艾伦·毛里,毛里院长得到了克拉拉梦寐以求的工作,他想把克拉拉解雇 。
She also had the perfect opportunity. Her office is next to his.
她也有一个绝好的机会,她的办公室在院长的隔壁 。
She could simply wait until the office was empty, and then go in and kill him."
只要等到办公室里空无一人,克拉拉就可以进去杀了院长 。”
"But she wouldn't have called you, would she?" I asked.
“可是她不会给你打电话的,不是吗?”我问 。
"She wouldn't have stayed in the office."
“她本来不该出现在办公室的 。”
"I want to believe Clara, but she is a very smart and clever woman," he said.
“我想相信克拉拉,但她是一个非常智慧和聪明的女人,”他说 。
"It's just possible that she's also a very good actor."
“她也可能是一个很好的演员 。”
"You mean you think she could have faked her shock, that she was just pretending?" I asked.
“你的意思是,你认为她只是在装模作样,她是在装出震惊的样子?”我问 。
"Do you think she's acting now, pretending not to remember what happened?"
“你认为她现在是在演戏,假装不记得发生了什么事吗?”
![](https://img.kekenet.com/app/keke/wap_app.png)