蓝宝石案(MP3+中英字幕) 第6期:一顶奇怪的帽子(6)
日期:2018-12-11 10:15

(单词翻译:单击)

"Here is my lens. You know my methods.
"这是我的放大镜,你素来知道我的方法。
What can you gather yourself as to the individuality of the man who has worn this article?"
对于戴这顶帽子的那个人的个性,你能够推测出什么来吗?"
I took the tattered object in my hands and turned it over rather ruefully.
我把这顶破烂帽子拿在手里,无可奈何地把它翻过来看看。
It was a very ordinary black hat of the usual round shape, hard and much the worse for wear.
这是一顶极其普通的圆形黑毡帽,硬邦邦的而且破旧得不堪再戴了。
The lining had been of red silk, but was a good deal discoloured.
原来的红色丝绸衬里已经大大褪色。
There was no maker's name; but, as Holmes had remarked, the initials "H. B." were scrawled upon one side.
上面没有制帽商的商标,但是正象福尔摩斯说过的,在帽子的一侧,却有潦草涂写的姓名缩写字母'H.B.'。

福尔摩斯探案集 蓝宝石案

It was pierced in the brim for a hat-securer, but the elastic was missing.
为了防止被风刮跑,帽檐曾穿有小孔,但上面的松紧带已经没有了。
For the rest, it was cracked, exceedingly dusty, and spotted in several places,
至于其它情况,到处开裂,布满灰尘,有好几个地方污点斑斑,
although there seemed to have been some attempt to hide the discoloured patches by smearing them with ink.
尽管似乎是为了掩盖帽子上几块褪了色的补丁而用墨水把它们涂黑了。
"I can see nothing," said I, handing it back to my friend.
"我看不出什么来。"我一面说着,一面把帽子递还我的朋友。
"On the contrary, Watson, you can see everything.
"恰恰相反,华生,你什么都能看出来。
You fail, however, to reason from what you see. You are too timid in drawing your inferences."
可是,你没有从所看到的东西作出推论。你对作出推论太缺乏信心了。"
"Then, pray tell me what it is that you can infer from this hat?"
"那么,请你告诉我你能够从这顶帽子作出什么推论呢?"

分享到
重点单词
  • elasticadj. 有弹性的,灵活的,可变的 n. 橡皮圈,有松紧
  • individualityn. 个性,人格,特征
  • infervt. 推断,推论,猜测,暗示 vi. 作出推论
  • lensn. 镜头,透镜,(眼球的)水晶体 vt. 给…摄
  • gatherv. 聚集,聚拢,集合 n. 集合,聚集
  • timidadj. 胆怯的,害羞的
  • contraryadj. 相反的,截然不同的 adv. 相反(地) n.