经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第284期
日期:2018-11-23 10:33

(单词翻译:单击)

It was fifty pounds, and he owed me but fifteen. I told him I had no change.
五十英镑,而他只欠我十五英镑。我告诉他我找不出。
I don't want change; you know that. Take your wages.
我不要你找,你知道的。拿着你的工资吧。
I declined accepting more than was my due.
我拒绝接受超过我应得的东西。
He scowled at first. Then, as if recollecting something, he said: Right, right! Better not give you all now.
他先是皱了皱眉。随后仿佛想起了什么似地说:行,行!现在还是不要全给你的好。
You would, perhaps, stay away three months if you had fifty pounds. There are ten. Is it not plenty?
要是你有五十镑,也许就会呆上三个月。十英镑,够吗?
Yes, sir, but now you owe me five.
够啦,先生,不过现在你欠我五英镑了。
Come back for it, then. I am your banker for forty pounds.
那就回来拿吧,你有四十镑存在我这儿。
Mr. Rochester, I may as well mention another matter of business to you while I have the opportunity.
罗切斯特先生,我还是趁这个机会向你提一下另一桩事务吧。

经典名著 简爱

Matter of business? I am curious to hear it.
事务?我听了很感到好奇。
You have as good as informed me, sir, that you are going shortly to be married?
你实际上已经通知我,先生,你很快就要结婚了。
Yes. What then?
是的,那又怎么样?
In that case, sir, Adèle ought to go to school.
那样的话,先生,阿黛勒该去上学了。
I am sure you will perceive the necessity of it.
可以肯定你会觉察到这样做的必要性。
To get her out of my bride's way, who might otherwise walk over her rather too emphatically?
让她别碍着我新娘,不然她会过份地蔑视她。
There's sense in the suggestion, not a doubt of it.
毫无疑问,你这建议有道理。
Adèle, as you say, must go to school.
像你说的,阿黛勒得上学。
And you, of course, must march straight to -- the devil?
而你,当然,得直奔--魔鬼?
I hope not, sir, but I must seek another situation somewhere.
希望不是这样,先生。不过我得上什么地方另找个工作。

分享到
重点单词
  • informedadj. 见多识广的 v. 通告,告发 vbl. 通告,
  • perceivevt. 察觉,感觉,认知,理解
  • emphaticallyadv. 着重地;强调地;断然地
  • necessityn. 需要,必需品,必然
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • curiousadj. 好奇的,奇特的