(单词翻译:单击)
Do you get hot and bothered when your date throws up on their food and slurps it all down?
当你约会的对象朝自己的食物呕吐然后又大口大口地把它们吃下去,你会觉得恶心吗?
Then you, my friend, may be a flyosexual.
那么,我的朋友,你可能对苍蝇也会没什么好感 。
Hey everyone, Laci Green here for DNews.
大家好,我是Laci Green,欢迎大家收看DNews栏目视频 。
My dad always warned me that flies were the scum of the earth
我父亲总是警告我,苍蝇是这个世界上的败类,
and that I should NEVER (i repeat: NEVER) allow them to land on my food.
我永远都不要(我再说一次:永远不要)让他们落在我的食物上 。
They’ll vomit! They’ll poop! They’ll spread contagious diseases and you will die!
他们会呕吐!他们会大便!它们会传播传染病,你会死的!
Felt a bit like receiving an abstinence lecture, to be honest.
说实话,感觉有点像在听禁欲讲座 。
In a recent survey, Orick asked participants:
在最近的一项调查中,奥里克问受访者:
"if you were at a restaurant, which critter would make you drop your fork? Rodents? Cockroaches? Flies? Ants? Or snakes?"
“如果你在一家餐馆用餐,哪种小动物会让你放下你手里的叉子?老鼠?蟑螂?苍蝇?蚂蚁?还是蛇?”
SNAKES! I’d definitely be out of that joint in a heartbeat.
还蛇呢!我肯定立马就会逃出那个餐厅吧!
61% of people said they would bounce if they saw cockroaches, but scientists warn that FLIES are actually twice as germy as cockroaches.
61%的人表示,如果看到蟑螂,他们会不由自主地跳起来,但科学家警告说,实际上苍蝇携带的细菌是蟑螂的两倍 。
And they’re specifically referring to those pesky houseflies that can be found anywhere.
具体指的是那些特别讨厌而且到处都是的家蝇 。
After all, there are over 90,000 different species of flies.
毕竟,家蝇可是有着9万多个品种的苍蝇啊 。
So what’s the real deal on flies and food?
那么,苍蝇和食物真正的问题在哪里呢?
Flies do gross things like eat garbage and poop and rotting animal carcasses.
苍蝇的活动都很恶心,吃垃圾啦,吃大便,吃动物腐蚀啦 。
All those germs from the gross stuff they think is delicious gets transferred to their legs and small hairs all over their body.
所有那些来自他们眼里的美味的东西的细菌都会转移到他们的腿上,以及它们遍布全身的毛发上 。
It only takes a second for them to transfer those germs to your food or to your body.
只需要一秒钟,它们就能将这些细菌转移到你的食物或身体上 。
It’s also true that flies can’t chew, so in order to eat, they spit enzymes on their food to dissolve it and then slurp it up.
还有,苍蝇不能咀嚼,所以,吃东西的时候,他们会往食物吐酶以溶解食物,然后将食物吞下去 。
And yet another solid truth is that flies can carry cholera, dysentery, and typhoid.
另一个铁定的事实是,苍蝇可以携带霍乱、痢疾和伤寒等病毒 。
But, notice most people DON’T get those diseases which brings me to the rational side of things.
不过,请注意,大多数人都不会得这些病,这也才让我理智了一点 。
Flies that are festering on food can definitely make you sick,
苍蝇滞留在食物上肯定会让你生病,
so if there’s a bunch of flies feeding on a rotting apple you probably shouldn’t eat it!
所以,如果有一群苍蝇在吃一个腐烂的苹果,那那个苹果可能就没法吃了!
But when they land on food for a few seconds, it’s unlikely that it’ll transfer enough bacteria to make you sick.
不过,如果它们只是在食物上停留了几秒钟,那就不太可能转移足够让你生病的细菌 。
It’s also a misconception that they poop every time they land.
说它们每次落在食物上都会大便也是一种误解 。
That would be a lot of tiny fly bowel movements.
那它们得进行多少次排便活动啊 。
They might spit on your food if they’re intending to eat it,
如果它们打算吃你的食物,它们或许是会往你的食物上吐口水,
but it’s the bacteria that’s stuck to their body that actually spreads disease and makes people sick.
但实际上,传播疾病并让人们生病的是它们身体上携带的那些细菌 。
Long story short: fly vomit is your friend, fly bodies? No. Not so much.
长话短说:苍蝇的呕吐物是你的朋友,苍蝇的身体嘛,就不那么友好了 。
Thanks for watching DNews.
感谢大家观看本期的DNews视频 。
Do you get grossed out if flies land on your food?
如果苍蝇落在了你的食物上,你会觉得恶心吗?
Let me know down below and we’ll catch you on the next episode, hopefully with a little less feces.
快到评论中告诉我们吧,我们下期再会,但愿到时候我们携带的苍蝇排泄物能够少一丢丢吧 。