(单词翻译:单击)
"I know, I know." I said. "We've been friends for over 10 years.
“我知道,我知道 。”我说 。“我们做了10多年的朋友 。
I'm just being careful, that's all.
我只是得小心点,仅此而已 。
It's not my secret, so it's very important that no one else finds out.
这不是我的秘密,所以不能让其它人知道 。
But I know I can trust you."
但我知道我可以信任你 。”
"Of course you can! I can't believe you even thought you had to tell me to keep quiet.
“当然!”我真不敢相信你竟然要我保守秘密 。
Haven't I kept your secrets all these years?
这些年我把你的秘密说出去了吗?
Don't you remember the time you broke your brother's...?"
你不记得那次你弄坏了你哥哥的…?”
Sydney started to say.
西德尼开始说 。
"Don't bring that up again!" I said.
“别再提那件事了!”我说 。
"You've made your point. You're right. I won't mention it again."
你已经说的很清楚,你说的对,我不会再提了 。”
Sydney seemed satisfied.
西德尼似乎满意 。
"So, what kind of work do you have to do on the case?" she asked.
“那么,你要为这个案子做些什么呢?”
"Uncle Jeff wants me to find out everything I can about Dean Maurie," I told Sydney.
“杰夫叔叔想让我了解毛里院长的一切 。”我告诉西德尼 。
"He's going to talk to the other professors in the department,
“他准备和系里的其他教授谈谈,
but he wants a student's opinion.
但他想了解学生的看法 。
Students may talk more freely than the professors who work for the dean.
学生可能比院长手下工作的教授交谈起来更自由 。
He wants to find out if the dean has any enemies."
他想知道院长是不是有什么敌人 。”