发展未来的太空军事
日期:2018-08-20 08:06

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Aircraft such as tankers and cargo planes are the military's fastest way to move fuel, people and equipment long distances.
对于长距离运输燃料,人员和设备,像加油机,运输机等飞机是军队最快捷的方式。
But the general in charge of these movements tells VOA there might be a better way, via space.
但负责这些运输的军事司令对VOA称,可能有更好的方法,那就是通过太空。
If I can resupply from space I can go across globe in about 30 minutes.
如果能在太空进行燃料补给的话,那么就可以在大约30分钟内穿越全球。
And if I can get to call stay on, which the entire industry thinks it can.
如果能让补给在太空待命,整个行业认为是可以实现的。
I do truly believe that is the next step we can really make inroads. And I can get out to what's called the speed of war.
我认为这是我们下一步要发展的,让我们在所谓战争速度上保持优势。
The idea of using space deliveries isn't as far out as it may seem.
太空运输的想法似乎并不遥远。
In fact, industry leaders focusing on spaceflight, companies Everhart hopes to partner with are already working on it.
事实上,产业领导人关注太空飞行器,许多艾佛哈特想合作的公司已经致力于这方面的开发。
SpaceX is one of them. I know that there's foreign ventures that are looking at this as well,
太空探索技术公司就是其中之一,我知道有外国企业也在研究它,
even, you know, companies like Sierra Nevada. They have their Dream Chaser launch vehicle,
甚至像内华达公司也在考虑,他们有追梦者运载火箭,
which could provide tremendous strategic advantage to the U.S. government.
它将为美国政府提供巨大的战略优势。

123.png

But it's an advantage that would come with an astronomical price tag, thousands of dollars per kilo.
但这种优势的背后是天价成本,每公斤数千美金。
Experts say the need to use space must outweigh these costs, perhaps only being used during the most important of missions.
专家表示,使用太空运输的必要性必须超过这些成本,或许只能在最重要的任务中使用。
For example, the incident that happened in Benghazi, Libya.
比如利比亚班加西事件。
Imagine if we had been able to launch a SEAL team and put them right down in that compound
设想如果我们能将海豹突击队直接放到大院中,
within 45 minutes of knowing that it was under attack. It could have made the difference.
并在知晓袭击的45分钟内完成,那么结果就会不一样了。
Harrison says space resupply likely won't be available for at least 10 years.
哈里森表示,要想具备太空补给能力,还需至少10年时间。
But Everhart says industry experts tell him it could be ready sooner.
但艾佛哈特表示,行业专家告诉他或许在不久的将来。
And they said, we think possibly, possibly, maybe in the next two years.
他们认为很有可能在未来两年内实现。
The train is leaving the station and we're gonna be on it.
火车正在离站,我们要赶上这趟车。
And I'm not gonna be on the caboose. I want to be in front of, I'm gonna be in the front.
我不想坐在火车车尾,而要坐在前面,坐在火车车头。
The general says his team is already writing government proposals to make space resupply a certainty for future military mobility.
这名司令称,他的团队正在写政府提案,要让未来军事机动实现太空补给。
Carla Babb, VOA News, the Pentagon.
VOA新闻,卡拉·巴布于五角大楼为您播报。

分享到