(单词翻译:单击)
"Hi, Aunt April. Sorry I'm late," I said loudly and cheerfully as I walked into the living room.
“嗨,爱普莉姨妈,对不起,我迟到了 。”当我走进客厅时,大声而愉快地说道 。
"I was stuck in traffic. The freeway was like a parking lot," I said.
“路上堵了,高速公路就像一个停车场 。”我说 。
Aunt April was sitting on the couch.
爱普莉姨妈坐在沙发上 。
Uncle Jeff was sitting in a chair across from the sofa.
杰夫叔叔坐在沙发对面的椅子上 。
He looked miserable, tired, and uncomfortable.
他看上去痛苦、疲惫、不安 。
Aunt April got up from the sofa and walked toward me.
爱普莉姨妈从沙发上站起来,朝我走来,
She put her heavy arms around me and gave me a big kiss on the cheek.
用她厚重的手臂搂住我,在我的脸颊上给了我一个大大的吻 。
"Your hair is too long," she said. She always talked to me as though I were five years old.
“你的头发太长了,”她说 。她和我说话的口吻,仿佛我是五岁大的孩子 。
"Jeff, this boy needs a haircut. You should take him to cut his hair."
“杰夫,德里克该理发了,你应该带他去剪头发 。”
Aunt April likes to start her sentences with "You should…" She likes to give advice.
爱普莉姨妈喜欢用“你应该…”来开头,她喜欢给人忠告 。
"And his clothes! A tall, good-looking boy like Derrick shouldn't wear such old and dull clothes.
“看他的衣服!像德里克这样高大帅气的男孩不应该穿这种老旧、颜色暗淡的衣服 。
He has this dark hair, those brown eyes, that million-dollar smile—
他有一头黑发,一双棕色的眼睛,甜美的笑容——
with the right clothes, he would look like a young movie star.
如果穿上合适的衣服,就像一个年轻的电影明星 。
He needs new clothes, the latest fashions. You should take him shopping for better clothes."
他需要新衣服,最新的时装,你应该带他去买件好点的衣服 。”