(单词翻译:单击)
Two days ago, a strange man knocked on our door at the apartment.
两天前,一个奇怪的男人在公寓外敲门 。
I opened the door, and before I knew what was happening, he had a gun in my face and was shouting obscenities at me."
我开了门,我还没明白是怎么回事,他拿枪指着我脸,狂言侮辱我 。”
"What did he look like?" I asked.
“你长什么样?”我问道 。
"He was tall and muscular," said Bill, "but he wore a ski hat, so I couldn't see his face very well.
“他很高,很强健,”比尔说,“但是他带着一个滑雪帽,所以我没看清他的脸 。
He had a mustache, I think. It all happened so fast."
我想他应该留着胡子 。一切发生的太快了 。”
"That's okay. Go on," I said.
“没关系 。继续讲,”我说 。
"Well, the man took Sarah and me and put us in a car.
“那个男人把萨拉和我带上车 。
He put a small towel around our eyes, tied our legs and hands together, and then drove us to another place.
我们的眼睛遮了一条小毛巾,绑住了我们的手和腿,然后开车将我们带到另一个地方 。
We were forced out of the car and into a small, dingy room.
我们被压下车,来到一个昏暗的小房间 。
"We were given food twice a day. I'm not sure how many kidnappers there were holding us there.
“他们两天给我们一次食物 。我不确定那里有多少绑架者 。
I heard several voices outside the door, maybe three or four, I'm not sure.
我听到外边有几个声音说话,也许有三四个,我不确定 。
Finally this morning, about an hour ago, I was let go, and given a message:
最后今天早上,大概一个小时前,我被放走了,还给我留了一条信息:
If I wanted Sarah to be set free, I had to pay a ransom of $500,000."
如果我想救萨拉,就要支付五十万赎金 。”