五个桔核(MP3+中英字幕) 第29期:展开复仇计划(1)
日期:2018-07-24 11:56

(单词翻译:单击)

All day I was engaged in my professional work, and it was late in the evening before I returned to Baker Street.
这一整天我忙于我的医务工作,入暮很晚我才返回贝克街。
Sherlock Holmes had not come back yet. It was nearly ten o'clock before he entered, looking pale and worn.
福尔摩斯还没有回来。一直到快要十点钟了,他才面色苍白,精疲力尽地走了进来。
He walked up to the sideboard, and tearing a piece from the loaf he devoured it voraciously,
他跑到碗柜旁边,撕下一大块面包,狼吞虎咽地嚼着,
washing it down with a long draught of water. "You are hungry," I remarked.
喝了一大杯水把它冲下去。"你饿了,"我说。
"Starving. It had escaped my memory. I have had nothing since breakfast."
"饿极啦!一直忘记吃东西了,早餐后就什么也没吃。"
"Nothing?" "Not a bite. I had no time to think of it."
"没吃东西?""一点也没吃,没功夫想到它。"
"And how have you succeeded?" "Well." "You have a clue?"
"进展如何?""不错。""有线索了吗?"

福尔摩斯探案集 五个桔核

"I have them in the hollow of my hand. Young Openshaw shall not long remain unavenged.
"他们在我的掌握之中了。小奥彭肖的仇不会报不了的。
Why, Watson, let us put their own devilish trade- mark upon them. It is well thought of!" "What do you mean?"
嘿,华生,让咱们以仆人之道,还治仆人之身。这是经过深思熟虑的啊!""你这是什么意思?"
He took an orange from the cupboard, and tearing it to pieces he squeezed out the pips upon the table.
他从碗柜里拿出一只桔子来,掰成几瓣儿,把桔核挤出来,放在桌上。
Of these he took five and thrust them into an envelope.
他从中选了五个,装到一个信封里面。
On the inside of the flap he wrote "S. H. for J. O."
在那信封口盖的反面,他写上"S.H.代J.O."。
Then he sealed it and addressed it to "Captain James Calhoun, Bark Lone Star, Savannah, Georgia."
他封上信封,在上面写上"美国,佐治亚洲,萨凡纳,'孤星号' 三桅帆船,詹姆斯·卡尔霍恩船长收"等字样。
"That will await him when he enters port," said he, chuckling.
"当他进港时这封信已经在等着他了,"他得意地笑着说,
"It may give him a sleepless night. He will find it as sure a precursor of his fate as Openshaw did before him."
"这封信会使他夜不安眠。他还会发觉这封信肯定是他死亡的预兆,正如奥彭肖从前所遭遇到的情况一样。"

分享到